Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: NFL Fantasy League?  (Read 21591 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2009, 04:45:00 pm »

Sometimes even a blind squirrel finds a nut.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2009, 05:40:02 am »

Argh.  If I'd won on that bullshit TD I would have protested it.  As it is, I'll just sit and stare at Julius Jones and his 5 yards in my roster, and when he looks up at me, I'll glance meaningfully at Mario Manningham.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2009, 02:03:05 pm »

OK, so for next week two of my three team defenses are on the bye week.  Here's what's available on the waiver wire:
Tampa Bay, at New England
St. Louis, at Indy

Yeah.  I think I'm just gonna let that spot sit empty.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2009, 02:46:56 pm »


St. Louis, at Indy


Actually, it's Indy at St Louis, which I know because I am going.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2009, 03:22:55 pm »

So it is.  And the TB-NE game is in London, England.  This is not a joke.  It's counted as a home game for the Bucs.
Still and all... team defense is like a gigantic pit of suck for my team.  
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2009, 05:05:36 pm »

Y'know, I kinda miss having the NFL available out here.

But not enough to ever have anything nice to say about the Lambs. Hope you enjoy the game, regardless.

Older daughter is a huge Peyton Manning, and by extension, Colt fan.  The in-laws have Rams season tickets.  Should be a blowout, but it'll be fun.  It's her first professional game.

As to fantasy football?  Well, I suppose I made my bed and I guess I'll just have to lie in it now. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2009, 05:25:50 pm »

Y'know, I kinda miss having the NFL available out here.

But not enough to ever have anything nice to say about the Lambs. Hope you enjoy the game, regardless.
PLEASE TAKE THEM BACK WE DON'T WANT THEM ANYMORE THANK YOU
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2009, 06:04:03 pm »

The only value that team has (besides as a whipping boy for my Niners) is occasionally they'll draft/acquire a big back1 who gets dubbed "Battering Ram", which is kind of a cool image.

1cf. Jerome Bettis, Marshall Faulk, Steven Jackson
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 06:11:47 pm by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2009, 07:49:28 pm »

pssst...Tennessee is coming up on waivers...

The same Tennessee that just had 59 dropped on them by the Patriots?  SIGN ME UP!

Here in the DC area, everyone is distraught about the state of the Redskins.  The Iggles are here Monday night; I'm hoping to find someone so disgusted that they're giving away their tickets, so I can go and cheer on the opposition.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2009, 08:06:40 pm »

The same Tennessee that just had 59 dropped on them by the Patriots?  SIGN ME UP!

Here in the DC area, everyone is distraught about the state of the Redskins.  The Iggles are here Monday night; I'm hoping to find someone so disgusted that they're giving away their tickets, so I can go and cheer on the opposition.
Being in VA this weekend I watched the skins. At half time the crowd turned toward the owner's box and booed. Security had to come by and tell fans to stop cursing at the players on the bench. The game ended on safety. The next day the coach was replaced. Awesome!
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2009, 09:12:33 pm »

Why would I want San Diego to take the pipe? Norv Turner. Dudes been turning the franchise into a shinier turd ever since he got the handles. Good talent that performs unevenly (undisciplined) points right at the coach, Norv has gots to go.

Agreed.  Even Nabu thought this was so.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2009, 10:32:06 pm »

Why did the Chargers get rid of Schottenheimer?  All he did was get them an 11-5 record and build a juggernaut of a running offense...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2009, 12:33:57 am »

Being in VA this weekend I watched the skins. At half time the crowd turned toward the owner's box and booed. Security had to come by and tell fans to stop cursing at the players on the bench. The game ended on safety. The next day the coach was replaced. Awesome!

Zorn hasn't been fired... yet.  He's been relieved of his play-calling duties, which is rather insulting considering that he was brought in because he was supposed to be this offensive genius.  If I understand this correctly, Sherm Lewis is going to call the plays now.  Sherm was recently hired by the Redskins, at the time for a mysterious "special assistant" position, after being out of the NFL for five years.  His most recent job?  Bingo caller.

So yeah, shit is fucked up in Redskins Town of late.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2009, 07:49:15 pm »

St Louis Rams had an interesting fix for lack of quarterback production - have the kicker pass.  Nice boost on the Fantasy Points there, Ash.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up