Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: NFL Fantasy League?  (Read 21578 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2009, 03:18:43 pm »

Damn but my active players put up hell of points last night.  Too bad I'm NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2009, 05:40:35 pm »



I have been wanting to use that somewhere since like 2004.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2009, 06:00:53 pm »

Da Luv Gun is in second place despite having the second lowest total points. I can only attribute this to weekly monkeying with my roster to just barely beat my opponent that week.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2009, 06:02:15 am »

Unless the Redskin offense does miraculously well tomorrow, and that's not exactly something I'd put green money on, I have been bested.

Well-done, sir.

By the playoffs, we all have pretty good rosters and the winner is the one who is smarter about picking his starting team from that roster.

Whereas I just put the dude in that the computer projects as scoring the most points that week for that position.

And I can't seem to string together a single week where three out of four of my 3 WRs and my TE are all meaningfully productive at once.

And I didn't get a miracle from a QB, a DEF or a RB this week.

So yeah. There we are.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2009, 05:21:46 am »

Uhhh... somehow I pulled this one off?

Well-fought, Lister. Such a close match-up.

Now I gotta... uh... figure out a #2 and #3 WR situation worth a damn.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2009, 03:31:14 pm »

Let's review, shall we?

Thomas Tiger bested the Venomous Monkeys 203-182.  This one was not overly dramatic, as Philip Rivers and the Baltimore D had their usual big days for the Tigers.  The Monkeys got 48!! points from Ben Rothlisberger, but there were ample disappointments on his side of the ledger--how about Ryan Longwell putting up zero damn points, for instance.

In the other quarterfinal, the Fightin' 44s squeaked past Lister's Lab Rats by 1.4 points.  The Lab Rats were ahead as of Sunday night, but the 44s trio of Redskins put up juuuuuust enough points, despite their thrashing at the hands of the Giants, to put the 44s into the second round.  Fred Davis, the backup TE who is in there because of Cooley's injury, and Quinton Ganther, a backup RB who is in there for Portis, both scored TDs.

Semis next week:  Tigers vs. Cop Out Malcolm Xs, 44s vs. DA LUV GUN.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2009, 04:46:07 pm »

I had a tight recap once, but I went to the chiropractor and he fixed it.

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2009, 10:46:23 pm »

If I lose this week on the rationale that I picked the wrong defense-specialist from my roster, that will be a shame most ugly.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2009, 06:41:11 am »

If I lose this week on the rationale that I picked the wrong defense-specialist from my roster, that will be a shame most ugly.
You lost, despite me having the New York Giants defense. DA LUV GUN is an unstoppable force.
Watching the giants play today was like some kind of karmic dick slap for making fun of all my Redskin fan friends. How the fuck were they so bad? How do you forget how to play football?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2009, 06:40:55 pm »

I smell disaster coming sooner or later.  This is what happens to a team who expects Brett Favre to continue producing in December.  Even if I somehow make it through this week, my Packers heavy team isn't going to produce well in week 17 now that Green Bay's playoff position is pretty much settled. 

And to be honest, I'd take more pleasure in a late season Brett Favre flameout than a fantasy playoff win.  I'll definitely be watching tonight, though. 
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2009, 08:31:52 pm »

Is it just me, or in every TOUAMB fantasy sports league to date, one of the top seeds ends up getting knocked off early in the playoffs?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2009, 08:35:33 pm »

Is it just me, or in every TOUAMB fantasy sports league to date, one of the top seeds ends up getting knocked off early in the playoffs?

I think you're right.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2010, 12:20:50 am »

My best week of the season in the 3rd place game where I didn't even check my roster?

Of course.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2010, 01:01:21 am »

woot, Viqueens!
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2010, 03:30:25 pm »

Go .500 and you too might win a champeenship!  Congrats Tigers.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up