Thanks all, I appreciate it. I am old now.
I am old now and visiting my family in northern New York for a few more days and so the biggest plans are going to the steakhouse next to the one hotel in Little Falls with my mom and my grandma and my step-grandfather. My dad's in LA helping my brother while I travel so he ain't here and my girlfriend and my brother's girlfriend were also both travelling.
Get a nice meal, have a couple of Saranac beers, talk with my family. I repeat, I am old now.
Also, A-Cap, remember... I share a birthday with the basketball player Magic Johnson and, if South Park is to be believed, he lead to the discovery that you can cure AIDS by injecting liquified money and... that can't be all bad.
(That and, of course, Social Security has saved countless millions of lives and given dignity to hundreds of millions. So that's rad.)
Also also, AW, I was recently told something similar on a Mets fan message board.
That my opinions are completely insane (I lean toward young talent and argue that power hitting is often overrated) but that I am good to have around because I never take nearly everyone disagreeing with me personally.
So you are not alone in this regard.