Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Squeaky Fromme is free!  (Read 6838 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Squeaky Fromme is free!
« on: August 14, 2009, 09:35:23 pm »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8202137.stm

Wonder if she'll move to Corcoran to be closer to her Charlie.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Squeaky Fromme is free!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 09:55:10 pm »

Watch out, Jerry Ford!

Oh wait...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Squeaky Fromme is free!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 10:11:50 pm »

I had no idea who this person was until this morning's news. Stupid history classes thinking nothing worth mentioning happened after D-Day.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Squeaky Fromme is free!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 11:02:25 pm »

I had no idea who this person was until this morning's news. Stupid history classes thinking nothing worth mentioning happened after D-Day.
Yeah what is with that. History class was on some kind of repeat loop between colonization and world war II until college.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Squeaky Fromme is free!
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 12:50:56 am »

An even better story about the youth of America not giving a fuck about people who baby boomers think are famous:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090814/ap_en_mu/us_people_bob_dylan
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Squeaky Fromme is free!
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 01:52:11 am »

Oh Wombat, thank you for that.

There's hope for these punk kids yet!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Squeaky Fromme is free!
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 03:14:26 am »

The article makes it sound like he was a victim of racial profiling.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Squeaky Fromme is free!
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 03:37:33 am »

I know of Bob Dylan and like his music, but I wouldn't believe some wandering 68 year old man if he said "im bob dylan"
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Squeaky Fromme is free!
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 05:58:06 am »

This is the second story I've read recently about Bob Dylan just out doing something in public all by himself.  Apparently when in Liverpool a few months ago he took a tour of Places of significance in John Lennon's life.  Just got on the bus with everyone else on a public tour.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Squeaky Fromme is free!
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 11:59:25 am »

I know of Bob Dylan and like his music, but I wouldn't believe some wandering 68 year old man if he said "im bob dylan"

Sure if it was out of nowhere, but still - I wouldn't cross the street to see Bob Dylan, but I think I'd be aware if a no doubt hugely promoted concert was in town and I am pretty sure that in that case I'd recognize him and put two and two together.

Anyway, don't spoil it for it for me. I am loving the idea that 24 year olds don't know or care who he is. The past is the past, people who can't stop talking about the 40th anniversary of Woodstock. Who gives a fuck?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Squeaky Fromme is free!
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 02:30:16 pm »

ALSO: if the Manson trials happened today, don't you think that some reality producer would try the extreme makeover thing on the ladies there if they were out on bail until trial or whatever?

"A little foundation, a push-up bra... there... no one would EVER think you killed a lady because a dude who used to hang out with the Beach Boys told you that the ghost of a ***** wanted you to do it!"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Squeaky Fromme is free!
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 03:18:46 pm »

Honestly, no matter where he was wandering around, I think it would be easy to mistake Bob Dylan for a crazy homeless person. C'mon, look at this one:
http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/police-officer-Long-Branch-File/photo//030125/249/480zi.html/
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Squeaky Fromme is free!
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 03:25:56 pm »

Honestly, no matter where he was wandering around, I think it would be easy to mistake Bob Dylan for a crazy homeless person. C'mon, look at this one:
http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/police-officer-Long-Branch-File/photo//030125/249/480zi.html/
"im bob dylan, IM A FAMOUS MAN"
okay, sir, please come with me... we just want to help you...
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Squeaky Fromme is free!
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 03:33:37 pm »

I've never been huge on Dylan and even after seeing those photos probably wouldn't recognise him on the street.

I'd run through traffic if I thought I spotted Leonard Cohen though so, y'know, different strokes.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Squeaky Fromme is free!
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2009, 03:58:04 pm »

Get off of Ash's lawn!

Come on, this is pretty funny on both sides. You know those cops have got some friends and relatives and co-workers who are never going to let them hear the end of this, for the rest of their lives and careers.

PS: Bob Dylan is recording a CHRISTMAS album.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up