Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Holiday Merchandise  (Read 10115 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Holiday Merchandise
« on: November 28, 2003, 01:42:02 pm »

1) at this point I see that the new merch isn't up yet, but there is a banner featuring Phillipe as a bee, some type of hat, and something in a bottle... I'm afraid I'll soon be a' spendin'.

2) why is this called holiday merchandise?  We all know that if we ordered something today, we'd probably see it in January or February.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Holiday Merchandise
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2003, 02:44:39 am »

The idea of Achewood-branded booze makes my heart sing on some level.

I may or may not buy a hat, but I'll almost certainly buy Volume III. No question.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Holiday Merchandise
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2003, 03:06:31 am »

Store's open!

If I cooked more, I'd definitely buy an apron and some of the Rad Chilies. As it stands, I'll probably shill for a hat.

Biggest disappointment: lack of color options on the bee shirt.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Holiday Merchandise
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2003, 07:35:58 am »

The book pack is a good deal for new people. I hate hot-sauce but the Rad Chilies is pretty neat.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Holiday Merchandise
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2003, 03:57:53 pm »

I'm not too big a fan of the bee shirt-- it just sorta looks like something one might purchase at a store selling trendy garments to teenage girls... and heaven knows I would rather get underground-indie-comix cred for my garments than the admiration of my loathed fellow teenage girls.

Yeah, I could totally see people from my school complimenting me on this.  Ugh.
Logged
goose means greedy

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Holiday Items
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2003, 07:22:15 pm »

Double whammy for me...  I got an email today saying that they are sold out of the sticker sets, so I got a refund for my earlier order.  Not only that, I head over to the shop and see that there is now a very cool Rabbit Ambulance hat that I would certainly prefer to the Rabbit Ambulance shirt I have on order.

The deal on all three books looks pretty good, and I don't have any of them yet.  I am all over that cooking set too.  That'll be a sweet grilling apron come spring...

Anybody have a spare "What We Need More Of Is Science" sticker I can buy at a premium for my car?
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Holiday Merchandise
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2003, 08:14:51 pm »

Well, I just ordered to copies of the book sets.
I never got round to getting mine yet, and I thought it would be the perfect present for my mom this christmas. Since she never gets round to reading it online, and this way she can go through them all from the start.
And Chris can put a funky little drawing in it for her too.

Let's see how long it takes :)
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Holiday Merchandise
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2003, 12:08:52 am »

And I have to ask an important question of the books.
I'm fearful... Do they feature the alt texts?
If not I can envisage me having to go through with some post-its and a pen! It's that bad!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Holiday Merchandise
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2003, 12:36:20 am »

Quote from: "slink"
And I have to ask an important question of the books.
I'm fearful... Do they feature the alt texts?
If not I can envisage me having to go through with some post-its and a pen! It's that bad!

No, sadly. Pens ahoy!
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Holiday Merchandise
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2003, 02:45:17 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "slink"
And I have to ask an important question of the books.
I'm fearful... Do they feature the alt texts?
If not I can envisage me having to go through with some post-its and a pen! It's that bad!

No, sadly. Pens ahoy!


I'd wondered that myself, but I just assumed that it was one of those "if you need to know, you already do" sort of things, and asking would label me as OMG n00bie sux0r etc etc. (Really, I can't maintain that sort of thing for more than two or three words before my hands and spine just flat out revolt) I'd thought to myself that, in some cases, that alt-tags make the strip work / add so much, but I could not for the life of me figure out how they'd be implemented in text.

See the problem is I would get that pad of post-its and faithfully transcribe all the alt-tags during some wicked tequila bender (cf yesterday, for example) but I wouldn't get around to actually putting them into the book, which means I'd wake up with all these bizarre and cryptic little yellow things everywhere without even a shred of context and thirty minutes to get to work and the smell of pickled eggplant and

Why does the TV say "Peel-Out Summer (US, 1981)"?? Was I going to tape it or what and oh holy night can kidneys actually shatter
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Holiday Merchandise
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2003, 02:17:54 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
but I wouldn't get around to actually putting them into the book, which means I'd wake up with all these bizarre and cryptic little yellow things everywhere without even a shred of context


Yes. I can someone see that happening.
Although I'm actually now looking forward to that.

I figure the post-it writing will give me something to do on these long winter nights, assuming the books arrive while it is still Winter (me being not only in the UK but far from anywhere useful).
Also, I haven't written by hand in about 5 years, so the ability to actually use a post-it might be lacking.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Holiday Merchandise
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2003, 03:58:33 pm »

Also a few random strips are missing for no apparently reason. At least in V1. This came up a couples time on the Old Board.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Holiday Merchandise
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2003, 04:21:07 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Also a few random strips are missing for no apparently reason. At least in V1. This came up a couples time on the Old Board.


Well, I'll just have to print them out and slide them between the requisite pages.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Holiday Merchandise
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2003, 07:16:46 pm »

Quote from: "slink"

Also, I haven't written by hand in about 5 years, so the ability to actually use a post-it might be lacking.


It isn't nearly as complicated as the experts would have you believe. You'll be all right.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Holiday Merchandise
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2003, 07:34:02 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"

It isn't nearly as complicated as the experts would have you believe. You'll be all right.


AHA! That would be alright! Mwahahahaha.
Sorry. Couldn't resist.

And no, the only problem with handwriting is that my hand tends to cramp up. It's another evil side effect of ME. Every muscle likes to cramp up if I like, try and use it or anything!
I'm actually typing like Daniel's mom at the end of Microserfs.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up