Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Poll

Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?

Big Asshole
- 4 (30.8%)
Biggest Asshole
- 4 (30.8%)
Who?
- 5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13


Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?  (Read 16326 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2009, 09:59:13 am »

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I heard it either. I'm giving more and more thought to moving to England, where they swear on TV and men's magazines have nipples in them.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2009, 12:01:02 pm »

I don't think the badness of the word is the whole issue though, is it? Wouldn't there have been a story just as well if he'd called the guy "stupidhead"?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2009, 01:49:50 pm »

I remember that little flap. I gave it the 'so fuck*ng what' pass I'm giving this one.

But...

Awesome

I wonder how many people would have their mind blown by that if it went wider.

Uh, I got no problem with talking about a little sumpin sumpin.  But with your Dad?  I mean, what's he going to tell you about, your Mom?  shudder.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2009, 01:50:21 pm »

Bushes cover pussy. No incongruity here.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2009, 05:52:18 pm »

So that's why Dubya was always going on about Merkins.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2009, 05:56:51 pm »

So that's why Dubya was always going on about Merkins.

Can'd.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2009, 11:43:30 pm »

I don't think the badness of the word is the whole issue though, is it? Wouldn't there have been a story just as well if he'd called the guy "stupidhead"?

Yeah but only because that would have sounded dumb.

I mean I picked up the link pretty randomly, is it really make the evening news? Has Glenn Beck blown a gasket over it?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2009, 02:04:00 am »

Dubya's quote

See, this fits in nicely with my personal theory that he was just a normal, relatively likable guy who became president.

The problem is that normal people cannot be presidents.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2009, 02:50:02 am »

Except, of course, that W grew up richer than God.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2009, 04:33:54 am »

Y'know, likeability and bank balance are not correlated.  I've met some poor assholes, and some nice rich folks.  For damn sure, there are some perfect princes of fellows who would make terrible presidents.

The way things are going now, I'm thinking it would be interesting if there was a lottery for candidates. At least for State Assembly and Federal Representatives.  All registered voters would be the qualifying pool.  We select from among them.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2009, 06:00:28 am »

Quote from: lprkn
The problem is that normal people cannot be presidents.

Maybe someone who was richer than God from birth can be likable, sure.

Normal, though?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2009, 11:06:14 am »

See, this fits in nicely with my personal theory that he was just a normal, relatively likable guy who became president.

Replace "normal, relatively likable guy" with "frat boy who has never been disciplined for wrongdoing of any scale or scope in his life" and you have my take on it.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2009, 04:29:46 pm »

the average (spoiled rich bitch) who became a texan who became president.  its a story of class struggle.....
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2009, 04:41:15 pm »

Whenever I read or see examples of Dubya as a young man, he just seems like an average (wealth notwithstanding) guy who liked to party and be around people. A guy who would laugh in your face if you told him that he would be president someday. He had none of his father's civic-mindedness, or perceived duty to public service and was most definitely spoiled.

I'm not saying that the man had/has zero personal defects, those have been amply demonstrated. I just think Young George was a guy I could have had a beer with.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up