Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Poll

How did you find TOUAMB?

Dumbrella Refugee (Original TOUAMBie)
Assetbar Refugee
Something Else (Describe in Post)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)  (Read 13807 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 06:49:47 pm »

I think the Cheers angle may make introductions more difficult. The noobs may not have watched a lot of Cheers.


I have not watched a lot of cheers.

Really? But that show is basically like treasure.



Seriously you guys. This thread has been up for like 3 days and nobody said this? You really dropped the ball.
Logged

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 03:12:48 am »

I'm Jennifer, a cross between Cliff Claven and Rebecca Howe, for sure.  Live in the beautiful Twin Cities, Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN.  I'm a Capricorn and a rat.  I also happen to love goats and rats; all animals, actually, with a big soft spot for squirrels and chickens.  I'm 36 and act 23, with two furry 8-lb. children who occasionally bark.  HI!  Awesome to meet you all.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2009, 03:36:40 am »

nICE intro Rebecca, I mean Jennifer.  Welcome to the bar, er messageboard.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 06:32:49 am »

It took me a minute to think 'oh wait this is the one thread where that probably isn't spam'.

Hello Jennifer, what exactly is colocation hosting?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2009, 06:52:34 am »

Hello Jennifer, what exactly is colocation hosting?
Whyyy are you asking that. Stop asking that. You don't need to know anything about that.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 07:01:34 am »

Whyyy are you asking that. Stop asking that. You don't need to know anything about that.

Hush you, I'm showing an interest in our new friend's place of business. It would do you some good to maybe show an interest in how a lady likes to spend her time.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 11:58:42 am »

I wonder... Is this new person a displaced assbar refugee?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 05:23:09 pm »

I wonder... Is this new person a displaced assbar refugee?

i told her about the secret club.  sorry guys.  i was just sick of all the sausage around here.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 05:46:56 pm »

I'm Jennifer, a cross between Cliff Claven and Rebecca Howe, for sure.  Live in the beautiful Twin Cities, Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN.  I'm a Capricorn and a rat.  I also happen to love goats and rats; all animals, actually, with a big soft spot for squirrels and chickens.  I'm 36 and act 23, with two furry 8-lb. children who occasionally bark.  HI!  Awesome to meet you all.

Whatever you do do not attempt to picture Rebeca and Cliff mating. It's... disturbing.


[edit: 8,200 posts. Oh. Oh God.]
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009, 07:56:23 pm »

Nooooo. Every time I think to check Lileks I wonder if I am going to read that Jasper is dead. He's really old. I have had a couple of imaginary internet pug friends die lately and I am kind of traumatized.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2009, 09:11:12 pm »

i told her about the secret club.  sorry guys.  i was just sick of all the sausage around here.

You get a can for that, but what'choo talkin' bout, there's lots of vag in here.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2009, 09:12:25 pm »

You can never have too much vag in a place.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2009, 09:54:04 pm »

I am not so much a character on Cheers, but I am sort of like the maudlin theme song in that I like to make people go all introspective, and believe in a balance of good and bad times.

I am a lady of the adult variety.  I'm Canadian, although I'm not a fan of the bacon or the maple syrup.  I do things with words - sometimes I get paid for it.  Right now I get paid to organize a massive three day concert, and later to plan a bunch of tours.  I also get paid to make art sometimes.  I like telling and collecting stories.  Sometimes I get paid to do that too.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2009, 11:37:26 pm »

Smells is awesome, and does really cool/badass things.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2009, 01:41:55 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up