Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Poll

How did you find TOUAMB?

Dumbrella Refugee (Original TOUAMBie)
Assetbar Refugee
Something Else (Describe in Post)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)  (Read 13852 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2009, 02:37:07 am »

GASP!!!

Calm down, hoss. I think she means "not a fan of Canadian bacon". Context.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2009, 02:53:53 am »

GASP!!!

He's got the vapours! Someone fetch some bacon-salts to bring him around.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2009, 03:25:58 am »

I'm Canadian, although I'm not a fan of the bacon or the maple syrup.

Next she'll be telling us she's not a fan of the Tragically Hip.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2009, 04:01:15 am »

Appropos of almost nothing, this reminds me of how if you are on the American side of the border, Moxy Fruvous was a cult jam act for people who both like harmonizing and politics and if you are on the Canadian side of the border, they are a one-hit wonder that everyone basically wanted to murder. On the short drive from Niagara Falls to Niagara Falls, this one little bit of reality-information changes and almost nothing else does but the currency and the idea of people without monocles having healthcare.

It has always fascinated me.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2009, 12:39:08 pm »

Next she'll be telling us she's not a fan of the Tragically Hip.

I used to post on a different message board, over at yahoo groups (shudder).  One of the posters was from Canada and a huge Tragically Hip fan.  I don't dislike "the Hip," but they don't blow me away either.  When they came to Houston they played in a small club.  I had to go if for no other reason than to brag to my Canadian Tragically Hip loving messageboard friend that I had seen them in such an intimate setting while all of her TH shows were at Maple Leaf Garden or wherever.

I'm pretty sure that every Canadian in the Greater Houston Area was at the show.  I may have been the only Houstonian in the place.  They were all pretty nice folk as I recall.  The Hip were pretty damn good too.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2009, 12:45:01 pm »

I'm a Sloan man, myself.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2009, 03:59:59 pm »

You get a can for that, but what'choo talkin' bout, there's lots of vag in here.

not regular-like
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2009, 05:55:52 pm »

Compared to most internet message-things, this place is practically a clambake.

Against real world standards, yes, a sausage party.

We ain't the real world, though.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2009, 06:06:32 pm »

Yeah - it's Canadian bacon that I'm not such a fan of, bacon in general is okay, though I wont be writing any love letters to it.

Moxy Fruvous wasn't a one hit wonder in my neck of the woods, but then maybe I was more musically enlightened than some?  They had more than one album that got airplay, and had plenty of rotation on MuchMusic in their day, but I wasn't really all that into them.

I like the Tragically Hip, but I'm not a major fan or anything.  I've heard they're better live, though I've never seen them perform.

Sloan is sort of okay in small doses, but I feel like all their songs sound the same.  

Ash - there must be a place where all the lesbian hunters meet up on line.  I don't want to search it, as I'm at work right now, but really.  They've got to be out there somewhere.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2009, 06:15:19 pm »

Ash - there must be a place where all the lesbian hunters meet up on line.  I don't want to search it, as I'm at work right now, but really.  They've got to be out there somewhere.

The best part of this is just how many ways one can interpret "lesbian hunters"
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2009, 06:15:51 pm »

On a lot of the film/media/sport boards I frequented, the only women at all were basically the small handful who are basically only there to scream "hey, I am the token lady, internet-flirt with me, I am not really interested in the topic all that must, I just really dig internet-attention that I cannot get in my real life for reasons explained and unexplained".

I find that the less one-topic-focused places are the less likely you are to deal with those and the more likely you are to be speaking with more ladies and with ladies who actually wanna talk about things. The attention-problem people, of both genders, tend to be attracted cult of personality boards. The ass-bar, of course, personifies that as it is literally run by the content creator.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2009, 07:08:37 pm »

Yeah - it's Canadian bacon that I'm not such a fan of, bacon in general is okay, though I wont be writing any love letters to it.

Moxy Fruvous wasn't a one hit wonder in my neck of the woods, but then maybe I was more musically enlightened than some?  They had more than one album that got airplay, and had plenty of rotation on MuchMusic in their day, but I wasn't really all that into them.

I like the Tragically Hip, but I'm not a major fan or anything.  I've heard they're better live, though I've never seen them perform.

Sloan is sort of okay in small doses, but I feel like all their songs sound the same.  

In this post, Side_show can be summed up as thinking most things are pretty ok, but not awesome.
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2009, 11:49:55 pm »

I guess I'm Lilith, in that you don't see me all that often.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2009, 04:58:05 am »

I thought the Tragically Hip was a joke band name made up in the Scott Pilgrim books.
The only Moxy Fruvious song I know is 'love set fire' which I know from the mixdisc V did ages ago and still totally love.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2009, 05:46:24 pm »

The best part of this is just how many ways one can interpret "lesbian hunters"

Yet there is only one way to give a tcdp.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up