Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 30th September, 2009 - Don't worry, fancy-snatch  (Read 3302 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
30th September, 2009 - Don't worry, fancy-snatch
« on: October 01, 2009, 02:09:39 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09302009

The thought that there are squirrels who are not degenerates confuses and frightens me.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 30th September, 2009 - Don't worry, fancy-snatch
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 02:13:37 am »

The thought that there are squirrels who are not degenerates confuses and frightens me.

Totally. I'd always though of the squirrels all had similar personalities like the dogs do. A classy squirrel confuses me.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 30th September, 2009 - Don't worry, fancy-snatch
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 02:41:14 am »

What is the significance of a "Joe Satriani", though?

I mean... it's not the best. Joe Satriani isn't the best guitar player out there.

He's very good, in a very confined kind of limited kind of way, in a very specific type of guitar playing that isn't all that highly regarded but...

Even in that field, he isn't the best. He's maybe top-shelf of the second-tier?

I'm way over thinking this, aren't I?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 30th September, 2009 - Don't worry, fancy-snatch
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 02:42:13 am »

How many other squirrels have we even seen before?  There's HIS OLD FRIEND BLISTER, and the guy who got eaten by a snake.  Any others?

Anyway, if all the ones we've previously encountered have been friends of Todd, it's not really surprising that we've formed a view of them all as degenerate junkies.  It's like if aliens did a study of humans by only observing a trailer park full of meth labs in West Virginia.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: 30th September, 2009 - Don't worry, fancy-snatch
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 02:50:13 am »

What is the significance of a "Joe Satriani", though?

I mean... it's not the best. Joe Satriani isn't the best guitar player out there.

He's very good, in a very confined kind of limited kind of way, in a very specific type of guitar playing that isn't all that highly regarded but...

Even in that field, he isn't the best. He's maybe top-shelf of the second-tier?

I'm way over thinking this, aren't I?


If you are Todd, you think Joe Satriani is the best. So, yes, you are over-thinking this.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 30th September, 2009 - Don't worry, fancy-snatch
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 02:54:35 am »

How many other squirrels have we even seen before?  There's HIS OLD FRIEND BLISTER, and the guy who got eaten by a snake.  Any others?

Anyway, if all the ones we've previously encountered have been friends of Todd, it's not really surprising that we've formed a view of them all as degenerate junkies.  It's like if aliens did a study of humans by only observing a trailer park full of meth labs in West Virginia.

Don't forget the Department of Squirrel Police
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 30th September, 2009 - Don't worry, fancy-snatch
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 03:06:16 am »

Quote from: Victoria Waterfield
If you are Todd, you think Joe Satriani is the best. So, yes, you are over-thinking this.

Yeah.

Lookin' for the Doyle explanation when the Watson explanation is obvious and sufficient.

I do this a lot. Ten-four, I copy.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 30th September, 2009 - Don't worry, fancy-snatch
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 06:47:54 am »

Todd strips make me happy.  No idea why.  Maybe I like creatures that are pure Id.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 30th September, 2009 - Don't worry, fancy-snatch
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 07:56:12 am »

I would like to make 50 samoleans THAT fast.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: 30th September, 2009 - Don't worry, fancy-snatch
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 02:57:56 pm »

I would like to make 50 samoleans THAT fast.

Try what I did.  Only $10K up front.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: 30th September, 2009 - Don't worry, fancy-snatch
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 05:16:30 pm »

Try what I did.  Only $10K up front.

if 'spending money to make money' was ever a kick in nads, ^thats it right there.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 30th September, 2009 - Don't worry, fancy-snatch
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 01:00:58 am »

"I have a salary. I have been to breakfast restaurants at breakfast time."
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: 30th September, 2009 - Don't worry, fancy-snatch
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 01:43:31 am »

"I have been to breakfast restaurants at breakfast time."

That line cracked me up too. Mostly because it made me realize I have never been to a breakfast restaurant during breakfast time. Mostly becuase the only time I got to Denny's etc. is when everyone I'm with is completely wasted or hungover, and those things don't usually happen during the traditional breakfast hours.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 30th September, 2009 - Don't worry, fancy-snatch
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 04:16:44 pm »

How many other squirrels have we even seen before?  There's HIS OLD FRIEND BLISTER, and the guy who got eaten by a snake.  Any others?

Anyway, if all the ones we've previously encountered have been friends of Todd, it's not really surprising that we've formed a view of them all as degenerate junkies.  It's like if aliens did a study of humans by only observing a trailer park full of meth labs in West Virginia.

There is also Ricky Nihoha, who does not seem to be a waste of oxygen and acorns.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: 30th September, 2009 - Don't worry, fancy-snatch
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 04:20:21 am »

is assetbar being impolite to anyone else?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up