Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: assetbar down  (Read 22933 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2009, 07:58:11 pm »

Completely embarrassed to admit I just got this joke four days after first reading it. NICELY PLAYED.

:)
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

alreadyinuse

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -31
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 64
  • sex
    • View Profile
    • sex
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2009, 06:46:57 pm »

Logged
sex

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2009, 06:50:07 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2009, 06:50:47 pm »

Can I still get worked up about Onstad's business model?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2009, 07:56:22 pm »

Can I still get worked up about Onstad's business model?

1. Make a great comic that updates every so often.
2. Stop producing new content.
3. Charge for a special place you can log in and not see the non produced new content?

Seems sound to me.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2009, 05:06:05 pm »

Invalid
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2009, 05:33:19 pm »

Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2009, 05:50:44 pm »

Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2009, 06:04:12 pm »



...In Valladolid.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

srikamaraja

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2009, 04:42:14 am »

Click on "Discuss", and in the upper-right hand corner, you will see the familiar "Join/Login" icon. Click "Login", and AssetBar is back in business!
Logged

alreadyinuse

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -31
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 64
  • sex
    • View Profile
    • sex
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2009, 08:50:42 am »

the "discuss" link for recent strips points to an invalid page.  If you are logged in, then you get the error "invalid"  if you are not logged in, and you click the invalid "discuss" link, after logging in your are redirected to the last 'valid' assetbar page.  Once logged in, clicking "next" will not show the next comic, since as far as assetbar is concerned, there are no more recent valid pages.  However you can click next from the achewood.com front page and it will show you the next strips, sans assetbar discussion since as far as assetbar is concerned, these strips don't exist yet.

basically what happened is that Onstad outsourced assetbar to a monkey on a keyboard who in turn outsourced it to maybe a chicken or a lizard or something who in turn outsourced it to Arachno-capitalist who is too busy sending PMs that say "Fuck You" to do his job right.
Logged
sex

R2DTrousers

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 53
  • ...
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2009, 11:30:58 am »

As far as achewood is concerned assetbar is a thing of the past.
Logged
Computer science uses electric machines (computers for example). A computer scientist will need math, science, and know-how to make and use computers.

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2009, 05:50:11 pm »

The assbar comment feature is still down. Not just making new comments, but the entire history and evidence that commenting ever existed is gone. This is how it should be.
See, I don't get this. What's with the open hostility toward assetbar over here? I've spent a great amount of time there and I've lurked here semi-regularly. I've seen what both have to offer and I just can't get my mind around the prevalent air of superiority around here.

Listen. This is what's up: Assetbar is a party. A loud one. A sweaty one. With dancing. Yes, there are a few overly drunken, disagreeable sorts in the corners. Maybe a prostitute smoking crack in the upstairs bathroom. Maybe some goth bitch who won't put out her damn disgusting clove. But it's still a party. It's full of interesting people having a good time. Sometimes they may get a little carried away, but it's all in the spirit of celebration. It's a raucous good time.

OK, now I'm leaving the party which is assetbar and entering the adjoining room which is TOUAMB. It's quiet. It smells nice. There are a couple of dudes in cardigans sitting around a fireplace drinking Chianti from fine crystal goblets. They speak in even tones. They never interrupt one another. They nod politely and give a good-natured chuckle. No one's yelling. There are no fist fights. No wild-eyed revelers. In fact, there's....not much....of anything.

I get fidgety. This room is relaxing and calm, but before long I'm just sitting there wondering what's happening over at that crazy party I just left.

See what I'm saying? Safer and quieter doesn't mean better. Yes, assetbar has its problems, but it's an interesting place to be. For every one braindead troll there are ten not just funny, but seriously creatively gifted posters. Have you seen some of the photoshop work that's come out of that place? From what I've seen of this place it seems like the main topic of discussion is how this place is better than assetbar. Seriously, guys - I've skipped around a lot and I see this come up all the time.

I just don't get it. I like that this place exists and all, but why you gotta play it that way?
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2009, 06:02:24 pm »

I think that these are all fair questions. Unfortunately I have no assetbar experience (I had an account there, but never used it much), or I'd pipe in with better input, but I just wanted to say that I find your description of TOUAMB hilarious - if it's accurate or not, I don't really care. But dialogue is always nice. As it seems that TOUAMB is getting some new members from assetbar, I can only encourage this type of frank approach. Also, welcome aboard.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2009, 06:22:32 pm »

See, I don't get this. What's with the open hostility toward assetbar over here? I've spent a great amount of time there and I've lurked here semi-regularly. I've seen what both have to offer and I just can't get my mind around the prevalent air of superiority around here.

Listen. This is what's up: Assetbar is a party. A loud one. A sweaty one. With dancing. Yes, there are a few overly drunken, disagreeable sorts in the corners. Maybe a prostitute smoking crack in the upstairs bathroom. Maybe some goth bitch who won't put out her damn disgusting clove. But it's still a party. It's full of interesting people having a good time. Sometimes they may get a little carried away, but it's all in the spirit of celebration. It's a raucous good time.

OK, now I'm leaving the party which is assetbar and entering the adjoining room which is TOUAMB. It's quiet. It smells nice. There are a couple of dudes in cardigans sitting around a fireplace drinking Chianti from fine crystal goblets. They speak in even tones. They never interrupt one another. They nod politely and give a good-natured chuckle. No one's yelling. There are no fist fights. No wild-eyed revelers. In fact, there's....not much....of anything.

I get fidgety. This room is relaxing and calm, but before long I'm just sitting there wondering what's happening over at that crazy party I just left.

See what I'm saying? Safer and quieter doesn't mean better. Yes, assetbar has its problems, but it's an interesting place to be. For every one braindead troll there are ten not just funny, but seriously creatively gifted posters. Have you seen some of the photoshop work that's come out of that place? From what I've seen of this place it seems like the main topic of discussion is how this place is better than assetbar. Seriously, guys - I've skipped around a lot and I see this come up all the time.

I just don't get it. I like that this place exists and all, but why you gotta play it that way?

Thanks for sharing. 

This is where we prefer to be.  Why does that bother you?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up