Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: On the topic of Assetbar...  (Read 191015 times)

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: On the topic of Assetbar...
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2009, 12:58:22 pm »

If you click on his profile, there are super-secret options along the bottom of the left-hand nav bar. ;)
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: On the topic of Assetbar...
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2009, 01:34:29 pm »

Signal [................|.....] Noise
Logged

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: On the topic of Assetbar...
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2009, 10:24:44 pm »

So it definitely wasn't me that reposted, but now I'm curious as to who did. Anyone care to 'fess up?
Do you really have to ask?

Starts with "A," ends with "U."

Ring any bells?
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: On the topic of Assetbar...
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2009, 12:06:24 am »

Do you really have to ask?

Starts with "A," ends with "U."

Ring any bells?

The periodic table element Gold? I knew once he was in demand he would go mad with power.
Logged

TripperDay

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 46
    • View Profile
Re: On the topic of Assetbar...
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2009, 02:58:10 pm »

We tend not to like people who can't spell or use proper grammar.

...

On this board was an Achewood fora...



heh
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: On the topic of Assetbar...
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2009, 04:01:32 pm »

See, the thing with that is, it was intended for readers of THIS board, where the use of the word "fora" is sort of a Thing.

An in-joke, if you will.

I guess you guys just don't get my sense of humor.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: On the topic of Assetbar...
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2009, 04:38:53 pm »

See, the thing with that is, it was intended for readers of THIS board, where the use of the word "fora" is sort of a Thing.

An in-joke, if you will.

I guess you guys just don't get my sense of humor.

I've seen more skillful backpedaling in the Unicyclists for Cerebral Palsy benefit event.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: On the topic of Assetbar...
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2009, 04:51:25 pm »

Here's what I always wonder. Most of us, in real life, have some sense of how social groups work. Some are better at it than others, some are more intuitive and some more conscious about it. But most of us know that if we, say, move to a new school, that these groups already exist, that their dynamics can be subtle, that the people in them have a history, and that the process of becoming part of one can be complicated. That just crashing the lunch table of the popular kids shouting "hey I'm new look at me" and throwing food is not usually the best strategy.

But, there are also always some kids who don't get it, who do exactly that, and who keep tagging along trying to be friends with people who are clearly not reacting positively to the idea. You know the kind of kid I mean. If you're watching from outside it's the saddest thing. If you're part of the group it's inexplicable and annoying.

Are the people who act that way on the Internet the same ones who act that way in real life? Or are they people who would do fine on the playground but don't understand that the dynamics online are exactly the same?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: On the topic of Assetbar...
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2009, 05:17:45 pm »

I've seen more skillful backpedaling in the Unicyclists for Cerebral Palsy benefit event.

Okay, so what if I just admitted that I typed "fora" by mistake/out of habit and failed to proofread my post because I had a crying baby who needed my attention and a preschooler spreading peanut butter on the kitchen floor?

Would that be an acceptable excuse for making an error?

Really, really don't push me today. I am in a shitty mood for reasons that have nothing to do with anything here, but this shit isn't helping and I am half tempted to just delete the whole board at this point.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: On the topic of Assetbar...
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2009, 05:25:14 pm »

Are the people who act that way on the Internet the same ones who act that way in real life? Or are they people who would do fine on the playground but don't understand that the dynamics online are exactly the same?

i think this comes from feeling powerless IRL.  the classic nerd/socially alienated person struggle?[[shrug]]  a person may feel that the anonymity of the internet is like an invisible cloak of power.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: On the topic of Assetbar...
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2009, 05:26:01 pm »

I've seen more skillful backpedaling in the Unicyclists for Cerebral Palsy benefit event.

God DAMNIT, I showed you those pictures because it was my celebration of LIFE...
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: On the topic of Assetbar...
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2009, 05:29:26 pm »

Really, really don't push me today. I am in a shitty mood for reasons that have nothing to do with anything here, but this shit isn't helping and I am half tempted to just delete the whole board at this point.

No! Not when I just figured out how to edit the News Box!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: On the topic of Assetbar...
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2009, 05:29:41 pm »

Are the people who act that way on the Internet the same ones who act that way in real life? Or are they people who would do fine on the playground but don't understand that the dynamics online are exactly the same?

I think on some level I am the kind of person Buffy comported themselves as in his last screed.   But god damn it, the internet just doesn't need another performance artist.

Take that shit to the park or some installation some where you can be gawked at and nodded at approvingly by tweedy people who paid admission.

Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: On the topic of Assetbar...
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2009, 05:32:30 pm »

or, you know, to 4chan
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: On the topic of Assetbar...
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2009, 05:42:05 pm »

Things are getting better already.  TOUAMB.  Now with relevant news feed.

I'd give you another can Wombat, but It hasn't been an hour since I gave you one for that google voice thing you wrote.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up