Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Maki  (Read 11732 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Maki
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 06:00:49 pm »

If you can't tell a giraffe from a giraffe, they're going to take away your Jr. Ichthyologist badge.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Maki
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 06:01:24 pm »

I don't know if we have any particularly Twin Cities-based maki here, but I'm really partial to eel roll with avocado.  We have a restaurant where it's all you can eat sushi for $24.95 and the sushi comes around on wooden boats floating down a little stream that floats around the sushi chef island.  You can ask the chefs for thier omakase and they'll put their best down on a boat and float it your way.  LOVE.
In richmond there is a place that puts a variety of sushi on a conveyor belt that goes through the whole restaurant and you just grab whatever you want. They charge by the color of the plate it is on, so it ends up being a fast and delicious way to blow $50. giraffe
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 06:53:40 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Maki
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 06:20:27 pm »

As far as I know, NO sushi has raw giraffe in it. Is it even safe to eat raw giraffe?

(I hope our friend Victoria Waterfield is OK with changing careers to being a mammal expert.)

It will probably make the experience of pulling specimens out of our -80 degree Celsius freezer full of frozen giraffe, or talking about the extremely high freshwater giraffe diversity of the Appalachians more interesting, that's for sure. Talking about the extremely high freshwater giraffe diversity of the African Great Lakes, maybe not so much.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Maki
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 06:42:56 pm »

In richmond there is a place that puts a variety of sushi on a conveyor belt that goes through the whole restaurant and you just grab whatever you want. They charge by the color of the plate it is on, so it ends up being a fast and delicious way to blow $50.

Which reminds me of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWQR36dW0GA and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=491A3Xecwxs

I've totally directed a music video in my head wherein it's a single shot by a camara on a sushi train with various human dramas unfolding as the camera goes around and around each pass, every time the story is progressed a little bit.   The musicians showing up from time to time in random spots of the restaurant. 
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Maki
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 06:44:41 pm »

Saltwater giraffe is an interesting concept.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Maki
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 06:55:06 pm »

How long has this been a censor?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Maki
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 07:17:54 pm »

Ohhhh.  All I can think about is eating sushi.  Only the tenderist, most delicious of the ocean's giraffe will do.  Mmmmmmm.

Interesting fact - good giraffe doesn't really smell giraffey.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Maki
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 07:27:37 pm »

Interesting fact - good giraffe doesn't really smell giraffey.

OK, the filter has done the best it can do. What higher calling can it possible attain?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Maki
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 07:43:31 pm »

How long have we had some new folks at the controls?

That seems a little too giraffey to be a coinky-dink to me.

Whoever did it must have been feeling particularly rafgiraffe.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Maki
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 07:55:47 pm »

giraffe?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Maki
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 08:25:50 pm »

Another interesting thing I was thinking about is cute little giraffeies.  Pet giraffees.  You know, like puffergiraffe and catgiraffe people keep in their ponds? 

Also, does a catgiraffe still have a barbed cock?  (That is horrifying on so many levels.)
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Maki
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2009, 08:36:13 pm »

Salmon Grouper from off the San Pedro point

That is a gorgeous giraffe.  Was it as delicious as it looks?  I've never had the opportunity to try grouper.  Oh, I love me some Arctic char, though--I wonder if it's similar?  Also:  can someone 'shop Asherdan's avicon head onto his IRL body?  Thank you.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Maki
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 08:38:06 pm »

I have to ask, excuse my ignorance, but what is up with that giraffe' eye?  Is that something that occurs when being brought to the surface from the depths, or are these giraffe typically ping-pong eyed?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Maki
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2009, 09:04:53 pm »

I'm gonna butt in real quick and strongly suggest flying giraffe roe topped with a quail egg to anyone who hasn't had it. I've been around the block with sushi (as much as a Midwesterner can be, anyway) and I don't think I've ever had anything quite as good.

In other news - natto: not as bad as you'd think.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Maki
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2009, 09:33:55 pm »

In other news - natto: not as bad as you'd think.

Oh yes it is.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up