Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Songs You Love  (Read 30747 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2009, 05:55:17 am »

Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2009, 07:05:55 am »

Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2009, 03:48:15 pm »

Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2009, 10:10:59 pm »

I was reading the Youtube thread with every intention of clicking on a video and then iTunes cued up Rock & Roll Suicide and I realized ain't no way I'm turning off that song to watch some dude on Youtube doing moderately amusing things.
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2009, 02:35:32 pm »

I was reading the Youtube thread with every intention of clicking on a video and then iTunes cued up Rock & Roll Suicide and I realized ain't no way I'm turning off that song to watch some dude on Youtube doing moderately amusing things.

Correct decision.


I've been listening to Jeffrey Lewis's latest album a bunch lately. I think it may be his best so far. His music always makes me fees so good - nostalgic and hopeful at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7N4uBZLe1Q
Logged

schnitzelbank

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2009, 04:43:42 pm »

Fun. - Be Calm

This sounds like what would happen if a gang of vocalists and a string quartet recorded a song while running around kidnapping more musicians. A wee can to you.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2009, 06:18:35 pm »

Kyuss - Whitewater

Seconded.

Esbjornn Svenson Trio - Eight Hundred Streets by Feet - or Tuesday Wonderland, or When God Created the Coffee Break, or Dodge the Dodo... or any of a number of others by them.

The Cat Empire - The Sun - or basically anything by them. There are a handful of bands who I could happily go and see live about once a week. The Cat Empire I could probably do nightly.

Oh, and again, muchly anything by them, but Lau - The Lang Set is one of the finest ways to finish a tune ever. I'm unbelievably excited to be seeing them a third time in a couple of weeks.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2009, 06:27:04 pm »

Slink!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2009, 08:09:21 pm »

I finally made it. I'm halfway through writing the post that for months now I've been meaning to show up to post, but my brain stopped working some time this evening.
I'll finish it later. But also, I'm here now so it would seem churlish to vanish again, even if I am yet to sit down with the sheer quantity of martini it will take to catch up on Achewood; an activity I consider a treat in waiting, but an ever-growing one!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2009, 08:52:22 pm »

And now I feel loved once more.
Squee.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2009, 01:25:09 am »

oh god, this song. THIS SONG.
Much of this album is good, but WOW some of the songs are like the best thing I have ever heard.
Maybe it is partially for personal reasons. Yeah, probably.

I really like the line
Quote
We don't have to be stars exploding in the night
Or electric eels under the covers
We don't have to be anything quite so unreal
Lets just be lovers
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2009, 01:30:07 am »

Good song. Weird, because not 10 minutes ago I bought my ticket to see them in Oakland in February.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2009, 03:28:02 am »

oh god, this song. THIS SONG.
Much of this album is good, but WOW some of the songs are like the best thing I have ever heard.
Maybe it is partially for personal reasons. Yeah, probably.

I really like the line

Another amazing song I should have posted.  I have said a song is amazing like ten times but never posted on, so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBWpb1RqdHs

Maybe this will clear up some confusion with Judy's new name too.



also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im7NV3Knk_Y    Exploding hearts- Jailbird
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWP9XOZlXuk   Spindrift- The New West
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkvK638yKuY    ? and the Mysterians- 96 Tears
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa-8ZRW1Qeo&feature=PlayList&p=4FD4CB4570F5FEEC&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=32 - My Favoite SFA song (thats the judy name song band)
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2009, 03:29:26 am »

NINETY SIX TEARS!

yes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2009, 03:46:34 am »

Has anyone heard much of Ethan Lipton? He has this song called "Girl from the Renaissance Fair" that is fuck*ng amazing. But I can't find it anywhere on the internets except his myspace page. I feel kinda weird linking it here, but if you have a moment it's worth the search and a listen.

Ah, well, here it is:

http://www.myspace.com/ethanlipton

Sorry if you hate myspace.

Oh, and it's on lala.com if you use that.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up