Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Halloween 2009  (Read 7053 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Halloween 2009
« on: October 31, 2009, 06:35:25 pm »

i know the maki thread veered toward costumes but let's have a thread that starts with this year's and see where it takes us

me: minotaur
the missus: medusa

i'll have pics tomorrow or next day
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 07:18:02 pm »

God dammit. I wish I had planned a Halloween costume. Earlier this year I was all "meh" but now I really wish I had put a little bit of thought into a costume. A few years ago I spent an entire day with a white sheet, colored felt, and posterboard, and managed to make a really cool Bishop costume.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 07:54:10 pm »

I'll have pics of me wearing it tomorrow, but for now here's a shot of it being made.  Here's another.



Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 08:47:17 pm »

paul i can't wait to see it

i'm in full costume now and frankly i'm worried about when i'll have to piss. this thing doesn't have a fly
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 09:18:33 pm »

I am not dressing up, but I went to a Halloween thing at a medical museum, with an exhibit about plagues and infectious diseases. You can keep yer monsters and zombies, that is MUCH scarier. Also, real dead body parts on exhibit.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 10:39:33 pm »

I played a man drinking with near strangers. This wouldn't be exceptional if it wasn't the first time in years my friends back home were having an awesome party. Still had a good time though.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 10:53:37 pm »


Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 11:52:20 pm »

Paul & Choop, those are AWESOME pictures. Have fun!!

Ok, I dug out my scrubs, a swine flu mask, and some purple nitrile gloves, so I guess I'll go as a nurse. Not terribly exciting, but at least I'll have a costume. I had a stethoscope, but I don't know where it is, and I'm sure it'll just get lost anyway.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 12:39:51 am »

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

sardoniclaconic

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 11
  • I have died
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 12:45:05 am »

I'm not dressing up this year, no one to do it with. If I did, my plan was to wear a pink jogging suit and go as Little Mac from "Punch-Out!!" for the NES (from the scene where he jogs through New York City with Doc). I was hoping to find someone with a bicycle to help me out.
Logged
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
-Jack Handey

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 03:23:10 am »

I'm watching the Oregon/USC game at my apartment alone because I'm awesome. No costume. I did have plans to see Dinosaur Jr. but when I showed up I was informed it was cancelled because the band got stuck in Colorado. Thanks, dickwads, for making me miss an Oregon touchdown and half of the 4th. An invitation to a party was extended but since I don't have a costume, won't I get pinched?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 05:11:32 am »

i never knew of pinching (st. patrick's day = green or orange or pinch) as a haloween thing but i LOVE the idea
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 07:12:00 am »

i made a bandolier of old CDs (AOL software, NEXTSTEP, Microsoft Office 2000, etc.) and put on my eyepatch and a hook and bandanna and went as a software pirate
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 07:14:52 am »

i never knew of pinching (st. patrick's day = green or orange or pinch) as a haloween thing but i LOVE the idea

I went, and no pinching was involved. But someone did make me wear a wig.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009, 07:52:04 am »

:(
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up