Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41   Go Down

Author Topic: Good-Ass Sandwich  (Read 85403 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #270 on: July 08, 2011, 04:50:35 pm »

Shouldn't that be DINKY?

Double-income, no-kid, yurt?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #271 on: July 08, 2011, 05:20:13 pm »

my lady and I spend a lot of time talking about how we love getting high, and don't know where to get pot from.

Although, I think I am OK with a lifestyle where I never have to directly exchange money for drugs. Occasional sharing with friends is OK. Does that make me a moocher?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #272 on: July 08, 2011, 05:38:09 pm »

my lady and I spend a lot of time talking about how we love getting high, and don't know where to get pot from.

Although, I think I am OK with a lifestyle where I never have to directly exchange money for drugs. Occasional sharing with friends is OK. Does that make me a moocher?

Yes. And I am ok with a lifestyle where I never have to exchange money for anything.

More on point, I had a chicken salad sandwich today (on Oroweat double fiber bread). It was good, but I think it should have had a bit more red onion.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #273 on: July 08, 2011, 07:51:38 pm »

dude!  youre using a dell...
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #274 on: July 08, 2011, 08:03:47 pm »

This crispy pork shoulder confit sandwich I just ate was pretty bleh.

This place used to have a meatloaf sandwich with coca cola glaze that made me want to die it was so good. Discontinued for the summer. My parents declared their club sandwich to be the best sandwich they had ever eaten. They also started talking about how there isn't anywhere like this in Charlotte.

My parents so frequently put me in the position of feeling like a douchebag. There is no way to say "there are, just not in the places you hang out" without feeling a little weird. And why? It is not a shock or an insult that my parents do not spend their time looking for weird hipster coffee shops.


My old Dell made me hate Dell, but maybe I would feel differently if there were a staff of people assigned to fixing it when it broke, like your job probably has.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #275 on: July 08, 2011, 09:18:19 pm »

The Ash-style meatloaf sandwich sounds great. Theirs was served with greens with some sort of vinegary dressing that I really like.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #276 on: July 08, 2011, 09:22:53 pm »

My parents so frequently put me in the position of feeling like a douchebag. There is no way to say "there are, just not in the places you hang out" without feeling a little weird. And why? It is not a shock or an insult that my parents do not spend their time looking for weird hipster coffee shops.

If you can say "yes there is, you should try Bob's Hipster Sandwich Joint on Main Street, they have a sandwich just like this" and sound excited like you are sharing a great thing, that's cool. But if all you can say is something vague about how they have to look harder, then better to shut up

Damn, you all make me want to go to the good hipster sandwich shop for dinner but it's too long a drive in the current state of downpour.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #277 on: July 08, 2011, 09:27:47 pm »

I just woke up from a 20-minute power nap with ideas for menu items I want to serve when I open Mama's Diner & Laundromat near campus.

I blame this thread.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #278 on: July 08, 2011, 11:27:02 pm »

Damn, you all make me want to go to the good hipster sandwich shop for dinner but it's too long a drive in the current state of downpour.

Oh man I love me a good drive in the rain. fuck*ng desert.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #279 on: July 09, 2011, 01:13:23 am »

I was in Buffalo NY in a driving, pounding rainstorm trying to drive to a hotel, and I thought I was going to die. I'd never experienced rain like that before. Serious rain is crazy.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #280 on: July 09, 2011, 02:02:47 am »

I ordered a falafel and small smoothie from this fuck*ng hipster organic place today for lunch.  Twenty dollars!  I thought, well so long as it tastes good I'll be okay with it.  Nope.  It was dry and flavourless.  Fuck that shit.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 12:25:19 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #281 on: July 09, 2011, 02:47:41 am »

Weather in the northern parts of NY ain't nothing to fuck with, 'Bu.

The Earth up there is so bored it is trying to kill itself with weather and if the people go too, it don't care.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #282 on: July 09, 2011, 04:29:24 am »

I ordered a falafel and small smoothie from this fuck*ng hipster organic place today for lunch.  Twenty dollars!  I thought, well so long as  it tastes good I'll be okay with it.  Nope.  It was try and flavourless.  Fuck that shit.

Falafel just doesn't do it for me.  It's like eating a hush puppy sandwich.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #283 on: July 09, 2011, 05:25:41 am »

i feel sorry for the people youll be around once those ingredients get activated.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #284 on: July 09, 2011, 06:05:34 am »

I don't even like being drunk any more, I like to be in better control of my faculties than that, thanks.

I'm sorry, but I just have to say something.  I do drugs mainly because some of them, my favorites at least, leave you in better control of your facilities, at least while high (cocaine) or keep your facilities similar but make everything better (cannabis).  Opioids kinda do, but in a way that is safer (and much, much better than) alcohol.  Mainly you just sit around and watch movies about climbing or doze, not go get in car wrecks or something.  Psychedelics do, but in a way were you kind of know what is happening, at least after the first time.  And anyways, it is way more rewarding than alcohol.  Everyone should take 5 grams of shrooms with a few people they are close with in desolate nature once a year.  It is a great way to evaluate where you stand in the world and figure out if you're on the right track.  When I take acid I usually just walk around town and visualize myself walking as if in a movie.

Anyways, I don't really like alcohol either, it is too numbing.  But I do like things that show you a new perspective on the world or help you relax in a fairly harmless way.  Alcohol doesn't do that for me, so I generally don't use it, but y'all can, that's cool.


Anyways, back to sandwiches...

I ordered a falafel and small smoothie from this fuck*ng hipster organic place today for lunch.  Twenty dollars!  I thought, well so long as  it tastes good I'll be okay with it.  Nope.  It was try and flavourless.  Fuck that shit.

Man, I get the best falafel in the world for $3.75.  It is awesome and no one is every really there.  The girl there knows me (us) well and we don't even have to order.

As a vegan it is important to know the best falafel place in town.  They also have delicious hummus, but that cost like $4.50, so I usually don't get it.  It's not that I am always broke, well, I wasn't in the past, but I feel it unreasonable for an appetizer to cost more than my meal.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41   Go Up