Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 41   Go Down

Author Topic: Good-Ass Sandwich  (Read 85761 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #375 on: October 19, 2011, 01:55:25 am »

my favorite way to cook an egg is to crack two in the pan, let 'em sizzle a bit while you salt & pepper, then break the yolks and mix it all up like you're scrambling, then just stop and let it gel into a single blob that'll flip.

i call it a framblet due to it being a fried scrambled omelet. super easy, super tasty. just top it with cholula and you're golden.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #376 on: October 19, 2011, 04:45:16 am »

I'm all about a shirred egg.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #377 on: October 19, 2011, 06:18:42 am »

This is a sammich thread and I do declare, I say I do declare bacon guacamole venison lettuce to be the supreme sammich. Bambi and that yappy thing from animal farm all together on a crispy sourdough.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #378 on: October 19, 2011, 12:24:44 pm »

This is a sammich thread and I do declare, I say I do declare bacon guacamole venison lettuce to be the supreme sammich. Bambi and that yappy thing from animal farm all together on a crispy sourdough.

That does sound rather good.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #379 on: October 23, 2011, 03:10:52 am »

Avocado, in any form, on a sammich, is always good.  The concept of venison and bacon together is something I've never tried, but I can just totally see how guac and bacon would add a nice touch of richness to the lean nature of venison.   This sandwich has my vote too.

Since the hubby's injury, I've been coming home at lunch to make him and I sandwiches everyday, and I've got to say, eating a sandwich with whole grain bread, supplemented with a generous portion of veg toppings including lettuce, tomato, cucumber and green pepper, along with a little slice of cheese plus which ever meat I've gotten from the deli that week has noticeably altered my digestive system for the better.  I used to eat a light breakfast and basically not eat lunch or grab random junk food and most days I'd have chronic heart burn, but somehow the addition of a hearty sandwich a day has balanced things out really well.  I've never been much of a sandwich girl before now.  I mean, I'd have the occasional sandwich, but not a daily, on the regular lunch.  Now that I've taken this turn toward nourishing my body and his, I'm really liking the ritual of it too.   
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #380 on: October 31, 2011, 12:42:01 am »

i am not currently eating this sandwich, but it intrigues me:



(courtesy of scanwiches.)
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #381 on: October 31, 2011, 12:46:47 am »

I object to the whole concept of making a sandwich on a croissant.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #382 on: October 31, 2011, 01:00:56 am »

I object to the whole concept of making a sandwich on a croissant.

you are a grown-ass woman.  use whatever bread your heart desires.

also, [cough]sandwich nazi[/cough]
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #383 on: October 31, 2011, 04:04:21 am »

"Ham Apples!" sounds like a good fake swear.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #384 on: October 31, 2011, 07:52:11 am »

I object to the whole concept of making a sandwich on a croissant.

I second that motion. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #385 on: October 31, 2011, 11:39:05 am »

do you guys even object to croissant breakfast sandwiches?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #386 on: October 31, 2011, 12:02:06 pm »

I like croissant sandwiches, but in the way I like bagel sandwiches. They are a bit subversive, which appeals to me.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #387 on: October 31, 2011, 04:38:50 pm »

I love both of those. They are delicious.

Unfortunately, Croissants are a lot more expensive than normal bread.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #388 on: October 31, 2011, 04:45:44 pm »

do you guys even object to croissant breakfast sandwiches?

Yes! Because if an establishment wishes to offer ham and cheese croissants they should go to the trouble of doing it properly and baking the croissant with the ham and cheese inside. It is much tastier that way.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #389 on: October 31, 2011, 07:17:12 pm »

To me, the breakfast sandwich is less a proper sandwich and more a handheld egg conveyance so... the rules are different.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 41   Go Up