Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41   Go Down

Author Topic: Good-Ass Sandwich  (Read 85405 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #570 on: June 21, 2012, 05:21:06 pm »

If I weren't on my way out the door and the search there wasn't so bad I'd find the Basic Instructions comic about open-face sandwiches. Somebody else, look into that until I get back.

Here it is: http://basicinstructions.net/basic-instructions/2010/5/23/how-to-agree-on-a-definition.html
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #571 on: June 21, 2012, 05:35:04 pm »

I really know nothing of calzones apart from the fact the store-brand pizza pops at the grocery store I frequent are called calzones and that Wikipedia calls calzones "folded pizza."

What is the world coming to?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #572 on: June 21, 2012, 06:02:03 pm »

Let's be careful here though:  pizza is not a sandwich, even if it's a panzarotti or calzone.
Paraphrasing Babbage, I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could compare a pizza with a sandwich.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #573 on: June 21, 2012, 06:05:58 pm »

SHUT UP! Shut up, all of you.

God, I've never wanted to eat a sandwich less in my life!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #574 on: June 21, 2012, 06:45:03 pm »

If you ask someone to picture a bird, I guarantee the bird they will be picturing is not an ostrich. But guess what? AN OSTRICH IS STILL A BIRD.

So yes, things on buns are still sandwiches. Also, I feel compelled to point out that no one here has yet gotten their pastrami in a twisty roll about the open-faced sandwich.
I was once assaulted by an ostrich. 3 years later I killed one and threw it on a grill. My ex's father said "You're one sick fuck" for that. PS its delicious.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #575 on: June 21, 2012, 06:56:56 pm »

Yes. Ostrich is delicious. Like a turkey mated with a cow.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #576 on: June 21, 2012, 07:17:51 pm »

Where do we stand on the ice cream sandwich?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #577 on: June 21, 2012, 07:46:57 pm »

SHUT UP! Shut up, all of you.

God, I've never wanted to eat a sandwich less in my life!

Really? I've been thinking about an egg salad on rye all day. I ordered one and it was delicious.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #578 on: June 21, 2012, 07:58:20 pm »

Where do we stand on the ice cream sandwich?

Of course that is a sandwich. I swear to God if anyone argues the other way I will lock this thread so hard.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #579 on: June 21, 2012, 11:16:22 pm »

Of course that is a sandwich. I swear to God if anyone argues the other way I will lock this thread so hard.

Only if a choco taco counts as a taco (it does).
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #580 on: June 22, 2012, 12:05:22 am »

Guess what I had for supper, bitches?

A fish stick sandwich burrito!

Just to piss you off!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #582 on: June 22, 2012, 02:45:11 am »

This sentence makes no sense. A calzone is not a type of pizza.

FOOD FIGHT

Hey that reminds me, is pizza still pizza if you put pineapple and canadian bacon on top and dip it in ranch?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #583 on: June 22, 2012, 02:49:36 am »

I want to take a picture of the monstrosity that my store calls a "fruit pizza." It is a big fruit danish. It is not even close to a pizza.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #584 on: June 22, 2012, 03:15:54 am »

Hey that reminds me, is pizza still pizza if you put pineapple and canadian bacon on top and dip it in ranch?

is it dough spread thin with sauce and cheese? then it's pizza. (and yes, thick crust dough is spread thin compared to any loaf of bread, so fuck you for objecting to that)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41   Go Up