Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Chump Change Tries to create a Comics Curmudgeonlike snark blog about Web Comics  (Read 40955 times)

0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

Organic non-toxic jellybeans.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile

As a breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth-diapering, homemade baby-food making mom who has had two natural childbirths, I feel that Hathor the Cow Goddess is batshit fuck*ng looney.

I am all about letting people make their own decisions about what to do with their bodies and their kids, but that means being OK with the fact that some women choose epidurals and formula. It means not only being OK with it, but SUPPORTING my fellow moms in whatever choices they make, because heaven knows that being a parent is hard enough without other people throwing guilt all over you every time you have to make a decision.

Sure, breastfeeding is "natural" and it's what a woman's body is built for. It seems like it should be easy, since it was the sole source of nutrition for babies for most of human history. But historically, many babies have died of malnutrition because their mothers couldn't produce enough milk, or because they were premature and couldn't latch properly, or any number of other problems that interfere with nursing. You know what's "natural?" Having eleven children and watching half of them die because you can't feed them all.

Let's see Hathor the Cow Goddess defend that.

</rant>
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

You know what's "natural?" Having eleven children and watching half of them die because you can't feed them all.

Dying in childbirth, too. As well as dying of infections instead of taking antibiotics. Etc.

Really, nature sucks. There is a good reason we invented civilization.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile

*applause for the whole thread but mainly this page*
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile


Let's see Hathor the Cow Goddess defend that.


I think she addresses those mothers as lazy and/or selgiraffe.

Did they try massage?  The baby thought bubble suggested massage.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

I think she addresses those mothers as lazy and/or selgiraffe.

Did they try massage?  The baby thought bubble suggested massage.

That filter just keeps getting better for me.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile





Can you spot the continuity error?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 03:50:54 am by Chump Change »
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

Can you spot the continuity error?

I'm afraid I don't know what's going on at all really.  Perhaps you would endeavor to explain.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile

Her head exploded.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

The continuity error is that, despite this comic, Jack Chick never converted to Scientology.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

The whole thing's a disjointed mess.  That was like trying to watch Lost while stoned.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile

See all of popular culture makes more since if you are stoned though.

I can understand just sitting around eating chips and watching the biggest loser stoned (not that I do that), but the people who aren't? whats up with that?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook

im not interested in trying hallucinogens, but i always thought it would be interesting to drop acid and watch that lame live action 'masters of the universe' with dolph lundgren as heman.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 07:20:38 am by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

Is it because on Eternia, they don't say goodbye, they say good journey?

Because every parting is an opportunity to meet again someday?

And then Courtney Cox violates all the laws of causality as we were taught them by Back to the Future by saving her parents' lives?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook

i fixed my own typo.  whew.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up