Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: My new comic, Yumsters!  (Read 8593 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2003, 06:04:13 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
diplomatic sentence


==

Quote from: "jough"
subtle insult



equals equals. definitely.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2003, 06:34:56 am »

I suppose it's all a question of intent.  If you intended it as a subtle insult, that's precisely what is was.

I suppose I'm just a Pollyanna because I read it as an attempt to be nice.  I yam what I yam.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2003, 06:36:07 am »

Also, kudos to Choop for his insight into the nature of interpersonal communications.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

FancieBabie

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wudoin.com
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2003, 07:17:12 am »

at first, i thought he was saying a nice.

but the 'obviously' shows it to be meanie.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2003, 05:02:04 pm »

With all diplomacy, I can say that it wasn't to my taste, because I tend to prefer comics that are either funny (Achewood, Calvin & Hobbes, etc.) or have an interesting narrative storyline (Scary Go Round, etc.).

FancieBabie

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wudoin.com
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2003, 06:49:32 pm »

i prefer comics with balloonsex
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2003, 06:59:16 pm »

When I saw your real name, I thought for a minute that I knew you IRL.  Then I realized that I just know somebody named Frank Sarnie.  

Odd!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2003, 07:01:12 pm »

Quote from: "Totally fuck*ng Pissed-Off at PC Mall's Shitty "Customer Service""
because I tend to prefer comics that are either funny .


My god, jough, just quit while you're ahead!
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2003, 08:50:08 pm »

I will freely admit that I tend to prefer comics that have points or at least are amusing in their non-pointedness. This... not so much.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2003, 12:57:52 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I will freely admit that I tend to prefer comics that have points or at least are amusing in their non-pointedness.


Which I guess means that an absurdist strip about realtors would really ring your bells.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2003, 04:36:30 am »

The original post asked for constructive critiicism. I don't know that I can do that.

I don't get it either.

You admit that it's traced.
And you use the song from 'Frazier' as most of your text.

Not exactly striking a blow for art here....but you do have the right to "draw" and "write" whatever.  It dies because it is neither creative or funny. I could have given you points for creativity if it were drawn or written by you.  No hopes for funny in any case.

Sorry.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2003, 07:35:19 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I will freely admit that I tend to prefer comics that have points or at least are amusing in their non-pointedness.


Which I guess means that an absurdist strip about realtors would really ring your bells.

Oh, that's a dreadful pun. So dreadful I almost missed it entirely. Shine on, you crazy diamond.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2003, 08:16:54 pm »

Sorry, V-Adore, no pun there.  It's like raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiin, on your wedding day.

It sucks, it's so fuck*ng typical, but it isn't at all ironic.

Don't cha think?

FancieBabie

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wudoin.com
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2003, 08:26:37 pm »

how is my comic so typical?

firstly, it's a comic based on a tv show. a dry sitcom.
secondly, my name is not fran sarkie. it's made up. it's a silly name.
thirdly, ur a baby
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2003, 08:41:25 pm »

How can it frustrate me more here, when someone doesn't use correct sentence form, capitlisation or spelling, when I can go to a random forum for any of a million things, where every post is like that, and not care as much.
Oh I do care, trust me. Hence it's not odd for me to care seeing it here.

But I'm not a part of this.

ur... What the hell? Jesus!


If you only have three fingers I'll let you off...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up