Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Lady The Gaga  (Read 11199 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Lady The Gaga
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2009, 06:50:39 am »

It's so hard these days to find a good Oldies station.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Lady The Gaga
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2009, 07:38:14 am »

It's so hard these days to find a good Oldies station.
yeah man, iPhones/blackberries and SiriusXM are really hard to use.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Lady The Gaga
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2009, 08:12:47 am »

Yeah, A-CAP, but isn't there something spontaneous and magical if its an actual radio station? Doesn't it somehow count for more if it is an actual broadcast plucked outta the sky, a live person not all that physically far from you occasionally talking about a traffic accident two miles away from you or whatever between songs and ads? I honestly get something more out of that.



Some guy like that, out there, alive, and when he plays the song you dig, it is like a gift just for you, not the luck of a random setting in a computer somewhere. You could be the only one listening or there could be thousands! Who knows. I dunno, man, I find the whole idea fuckin' enchanting.

If I JUST wanted to listen to the exact songs I like, exactly in the order I want them, I would listen to my CDs.

But radio's got surprise and magic going for it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Lady The Gaga
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2009, 08:26:30 am »

that is my dream, that some weird guy is out there really getting into my radio show.
one time a random guy actually did call in because he really liked something I played.

also, I have only heard people talk maybe twice on KZQZ. We fantasize that it's a big, old-fashioned computer somewhere spinning the hits.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Lady The Gaga
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2009, 04:11:30 pm »

I rarely listen to the radio any more, because usually if I'm driving somewhere without the kids I prefer the silence. But yesterday I heard a DJ use the word "paen," correctly pronounced and in its proper context.

I was impressed, and thought maybe I should listen to the radio more.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Lady The Gaga
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2009, 06:08:37 pm »

Lady Gaga Rocks!  I don't give two shits if she's sold out or cashed in or whatever the fuck, she's making the best pop music out in a long time and I enjoy listening to it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Lady The Gaga
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2009, 07:04:42 pm »

lady gaga has a lot more artistic credibility than fergie.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Lady The Gaga
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2009, 07:36:51 pm »

Lady Gaga and her vestigial c*ck can fuck right off.

As if the constant over-exposure to her music wasn't enough to set me over the edge this ruined my Friday evening a couple months back

A bipedal chihuahua singing in an incredibly flat annoying voice punctuated with godawful shrieking and scary faces and blatantly not singing on the choruses

If you don't have much time skip towards 2.00 mins in and watch for a few seconds and I sincerely hope you do not experience the same wish that I did to throw up because it was not pleasant

I accept that she is omnipresent, good at what she does and catchy but so is the common flu
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Lady The Gaga
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2009, 07:45:06 pm »

I hadn't seen that one Judy, thanks for the link.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Lady The Gaga
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2009, 07:49:13 pm »

I hadn't seen that one Judy, thanks for the link.

Haha. That's alright mate. I'm glad my pathetic ranting brought about by boredom and a severe dose of man flu has let a music fan enjoy some music they like.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Lady The Gaga
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2009, 11:05:34 pm »

I love Lady Gaga.  Making fun of her nose is akin to making fun of Freddie Mercury's snaggle teeth.  It is irrelevant.  She is fug on purpose.  Selling out would be getting the rhinoplasty 90% of famous people get. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Lady The Gaga
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2009, 02:59:37 am »

I have no idea if Lady Gaga is good or not, as I simply lack the ability to enjoy any dance music, not matter how good or bad it is said to be by the standards of dance music.

She might be good?

I was raised with the idea that music is something to be enjoyed, sitting still in a corner, listening intently to each note.

My dad has every King Crimson on vinyl. It rendered me basically colour-blind to any appreciation of dance music.

It definitely seemed like she had a ween in those pictures, though. That or she was rocking five maxipads at once for some inscrutable reason.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Lady The Gaga
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2009, 04:34:41 am »

I always the thought the main criteria for dance music is whether or not it makes you want to dance. As a non-dancer, I may be mistaken.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Lady The Gaga
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2009, 04:43:15 am »

I always the thought the main criteria for dance music is whether or not it makes you want to dance. As a non-dancer, I may be mistaken.

I actually like to listen to dance music while I read, especially on a plane or hotel where it's never really quiet. When I listen to other music I get caught up in the lyrics but since dance/techno has no or few lyrics it makes better background.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Lady The Gaga
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2009, 06:09:40 am »

I love Lady Gaga.  Making fun of her nose is akin to making fun of Freddie Mercury's snaggle teeth.  It is irrelevant.  She is fug on purpose.  Selling out would be getting the rhinoplasty 90% of famous people get. 

he had a substantial schnoz, as well, i think.

i like some dancerock, such as the electric six and franz ferdinand.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up