Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff  (Read 18684 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 01:29:41 am »

im feeling a group hug sort of vibe.

speaking of:

any dudes here that hate hugging dudes?

personally, i roll with whatever.  cool-guy nod.  handshake.  thug-hug.  also, burly manhugs dont make me uncomfortable, either(unless it lasts too long and/or he tries to put his hands on my areas).
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 01:57:24 am »

also, burly manhugs dont make me uncomfortable, either(unless it lasts too long and/or he tries to put his hands on my areas).

Sigh...burly manhugs.  That sounds so good right now! 
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 03:16:03 am »

Sigh...burly manhugs.  That sounds so good right now! 

But what are you feelings on maximum burly manhugs?
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 03:35:15 am »

But that's too much like Mommy trying to reassure me that one day I'll be able to drink from a big boys cup and sit at the adults table and makes things worse.

So this. It's like, if you fail at something you need an equal achievement to balance it out, being told your failure is alright (the implication being it is expected) does not help my fragile man-ego.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2009, 03:37:41 am »

But what are you feelings on maximum burly manhugs?

Maximum happiness. (I need that handmade coupon sooner rather than later, apparently.)
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 05:34:49 am »

I'm pretty good at doing manly stuff I think.  I've been doing a lot of it the last few days modifying my artcar.  It feels good to get my hands dirty again, it's been awhile. 

And yeah, chicks are impressed when a man knows how to use his hands, but it's not the only thing that matters.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 08:08:22 am »

But what are you feelings on maximum burly manhugs?

"burly manhugs dont make me uncomfortable, either(unless it lasts too long and/or he tries to put his hands on my areas)."

plus, clothing is mandatory.

actually, i dont know what "maximum" entails....
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2009, 03:22:50 pm »

My best friend recently mentioned casually that he and his father still trade kisses.  On the mouth areas.  My inner 7th grader was horrified.  I'm a hugger through and through, but damn dude, this is Texas, not Luxembourg.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2009, 04:20:11 pm »

"Thug-hug" gets a can. 've nothing against hugging dudes or kissing them occasionally on the cheeks, but not the mouth. This is not Russia, fuck it. I have a male friend who says goodbye to his father on the phone saying "kisses, dad". That's fuck*ng weird.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2009, 04:22:30 pm »

That is weird, I have never kissed my dad on the mouth, even as a little kid, and the last time I kissed him on the cheek was at my wedding 8 years ago.

We are not "touchy" people in general, though. My in-laws are, and it was hard to get used to.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2009, 04:35:48 pm »

My mom and dad and sister and I still do mouth-kisses, but just at the corner of the mouth; nearly a cheek kiss.  It's weird, maybe, but we've done it forever.  We've moved the kiss-plant point farther from the center of the mouth the older everyone gets. 
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2009, 05:30:46 pm »

This concept of (straight) dudes kissing dudes in any way is stunning. I have seriously never seen this in anything but movies about italian people or prison. The bro-grab is always welcome, and I have been known to engage in a hug with a friend I have not seen in over a year. But kissing? I had no idea this was going on.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Choop

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2009, 05:48:13 pm »

i kiss my guy friends full-on closed-mouth when they surprise me with a gift or especially grand bon mot, in part to return the surprise. just grab cheeks, pull, and a quick smooch. i'd never do this with my lady friends because they'd totally take it the wrong way.

also, i don't do this very often. maybe one guy-kiss a year, tops. it's a humor weapon i don't pull out very often due to its difficulty at execution.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2009, 05:49:01 pm »

I tell my brothers and dad that I love them as part of the phone hang up process - we hug and stuff in person, but definitely no kissing.  I have an uncle who just finished chemo for colon cancer who clearly realized that expressing familial love is something he should do - he was pretty man's-man, old Irish-standofgiraffe before and is suddenly a lot more new-agey hugs & eye-contact.  I sincerely doubt that a kiss would be welcome even with him however.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2009, 06:29:48 pm »

One time Pedro kissed a dude for an acting class. Straight-up for-reals (faux)romantic*-type kiss. I didn't get to see it, but DAMN I wish I had, because it will never happen again, and I bet it was super-hot.

That's when he knew for sure he was 100% straight.

*fauxmantic?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up