Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff  (Read 18692 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2009, 07:40:29 pm »

One time Pedro kissed a dude for an acting class...I bet it was super-hot.

OOH girl.  Wish there was tape of that.  *fans self*
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2009, 08:25:07 pm »

Guy Stuff:
Webcomic about a bear that has soft hands -> "I too am a slightly feminine man" -> "Me Too!" -> "I kiss other dudes on the lips" -> "Me Too!"
 :-\
The message board version of Gay Chicken Game?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 08:28:22 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2009, 08:48:56 pm »

I am now consumed by thoughts of what "Old-Irish Standofgiraffe" behavior might include.  Drinking Bushmills without bending one's neck?  Fighting by stiffly swinging one's head so that vestigial horns clash?  Wearing tweed overcoats with reticulated spots?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2009, 09:48:38 pm »

Never been a dude kisser. Don't think I've ever even kissed my dad on the cheek. Neither side of the family was dude-kiss-dude affectionate, and that's carried over into my real, non-family life. But I'm usually down for a hug.

It's strange, though, how hug rules vary from friend group to friend group. My friends from my hometown are almost all hug-types, so it was strange moving to a new place and entering into kind of what was at the time a No Hug Zone. They're not emotionally distant or socially reserved guys. Far from it, actually. Some of them are just flat-out criers, which I'm not used to. I have one friend who cannot drink so much as two glasses of red wine (specifically) without crying at some point in the night for at least a few minutes. Then he returns to Party Mode like nothing happened. That amazes me. It's like people who can get so wasted that they puke and then just wipe their mouths and start dancing again. If I cry or puke (both rarities for me), the night is OVER. No exceptions.

Anyway, I've been hanging around this group in various capacities for a decade at this point, and the hug politics have opened up a little. It happend when one core member of our group moved away. Now whenever he visits it's basically Hug City up in this piece and that occasionally carries over to the rest of us even when he's not around.

I just wrote kind of a lot about hugs. Nice.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2009, 10:42:02 pm »

I do not kiss dudes on the mouth, but I used to give my dad kisses on the cheek. I don't think I have done that in a long time.

I am way into hugging. But sometimes I think my roommate is not into it. I knew he was really sad about getting turned down by this girl he liked when I hugged him and he hugged me back, without going into gay-panic-mode.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2009, 11:15:11 pm »

(Speaking of which: cultural rules.

In Rio, you meet a girl, even when for the first time, with a kiss on each cheek. In São Paulo, with only one kiss. So: Shenanigans.)
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

jacques_schitt

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2009, 11:50:51 pm »

(Speaking of which: cultural rules.

In Rio, you meet a girl, even when for the first time, with a kiss on each cheek. In São Paulo, with only one kiss. So: Shenanigans.)


Does this apply to girls meeting girls for the first time?  Or can they do whatever the hell they want? (So: Double shenanigans.)
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2009, 01:18:57 am »

I have friend kissed a few guys and vice versa, but it's rare.  Most of my friends are pretty huggy, we hug a lot.  I like that.  I read somewhere that the hug is the new handshake.  That's alright with me, that's very good.

I never kissed my dad much when growing up, but I do now a lot.  Most of the time it's to embarrass him, especially if the younguns are around.  I'll kiss him all over the face and the top of his head.  He'll halfheartedly try to push me away, but he really likes it, gets a big grin on his face and it makes the babies just crack up with laughter.  But mostly I'll kiss him because I have a lot of genuine affection for him. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2009, 04:29:20 am »

"burly manhugs dont make me uncomfortable, either(unless it lasts too long and/or he tries to put his hands on my areas)."

plus, clothing is mandatory.

actually, i dont know what "maximum" entails....

It is the most two men can burly manhug.
Logged

Choop

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2009, 05:49:06 am »

honestly, greenkoolayd just wants to be the best host.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2009, 06:33:28 am »

One time Pedro kissed a dude for an acting class. Straight-up for-reals (faux)romantic*-type kiss. I didn't get to see it, but DAMN I wish I had, because it will never happen again, and I bet it was super-hot.

So is this a general thing, or is it just hot because he's your partner? Most women I have surveyed don't find dude-on-dude very appealing. It seems that a lot of my female friends would rather watch two ladies kiss each other than two men, if given the choice. But maybe I just hang out with a bunch of closeted lesbians.

I read somewhere that the hug is the new handshake.

The handshake is in fact the new hug.

I'm not opposed to hugging, but I'm not an instigator.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2009, 06:51:02 am »

It is the most two men can burly manhug.

i let my natural comfort-bubble-intrusion-warning-system be my guide.

also, sometimes my youngest brother and i still do that boy-thing where you show affection by inflicting pain and torture.  for instance: i will randomly walk up behind him and put my arms underneath his.  then i take my thumbs and dig in between his pecs and his rib cage, exerting enough pressure to make him squirm.  he is a wrestling/american football-type beast, so he has plenty of ways to get me back, though.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2009, 04:09:07 pm »

So is this a general thing, or is it just hot because he's your partner?

I dunno, the other guy he was kissing was really hot too, and I think the fact that they are both straight-identified is a big part of the attraction for me. I don't mind watching two hot gay guys make out, but it doesn't do it for me the way watching a straight actor playing a gay man kissing another man does. Likewise, it's extra-hot to watch Neil Patrick Harris make out with girls now that we all know he's gay.

I think there's a special hotness in pushing the boundaries of your sexuality and being willing to try things that you wouldn't ordinarily do. It speaks to a deeper sense of self-awareness and confidence, and an adventurous spirit -- all good things in a lover.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2009, 02:42:37 am »

My dad was never super emotionally demonstrative but I started making a point of hugging him and telling him I loved him when I got off the phone or whatever a few years ago because of some family issues and he'll spontaneously hug now, which is nice. Oddly the least physically affectionate member is my gay little brother, though he is very physically affectionate wtih his friends (male and female) which I'm not. I'll hug female friends now and then but not hugely often and I rarely hug guy friends though of course there are moments. Like Miles, I'm down with the man hug, but I generally don't initiate it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 23/11/09 - Guy Stuff
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2009, 12:19:37 am »

i have some similar cares... having chronic emo disorder(depression) and an absentee father are things that dont help a dude to feel like a proper dude, at times.

For the depression, I swear by taking high-EPA/DHA giraffe oil capsules. It is substantiated with clinical studies that it helps depression. I take 6-8 capsules a day, and using the little daily-vitamin-sorter helps me remember to take them every morning and evening. I keep the bottles in the freezer, though, so the fish oil won't go rancid. I take this kind since it comes in huge bottles and I go through it like frikkin' candy. It's cheaper than taking pharmaceuticals. B12 and Vitamin D also seem to help me a lot.
http://www.webmd.com/depression/features/giraffe-oil-to-treat-depression
http://www.mcmanweb.com/omega3.html
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/giraffe-oil-supplements/AN01399

**EDIT:  FUCK the filter broke my god damned links. Augh. You know what to do. Replace giraffe with "fish".
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 12:22:59 am by linnea »
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up