Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: It begins. End of the decade lists  (Read 7861 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: It begins. End of the decade lists
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2009, 04:56:34 am »

best beards of 2009 according to spin magazine

I'm confused that Dan Auerbach wasn't in there.  Or the dude from TV On The Radio.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: It begins. End of the decade lists
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2009, 05:23:34 am »

Man, I don't know.  That's basically "Here's a bunch of dudes with beards."  For the most part, I don't see anything all that exceptional.

Except that Warren Ellis cat.  Now that's a scary-ass beard.

Yeah, I can't tell if he's a stabbing hobo or a singing hobo.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: It begins. End of the decade lists
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2009, 05:52:57 am »

Warren Ellis is a "desperately wants to murder and skin Alan Moore and then pretend that he is Alan Moore in his Alan Moore skinsuit" hobo.

You know, for record.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: It begins. End of the decade lists
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2009, 06:00:35 am »

I believe you are talking about comics Warren Ellis:




Spin is talking about music Warren Ellis:



I like Comics Warren Ellis. When he's firing on all cylinders, he can be pretty funny dude. And he hasn't pretended to worship any snake gods lately (that I'm aware of). Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: It begins. End of the decade lists
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2009, 06:25:30 am »

Oh, I like some of Ellis's stuff actually too.

It's just... yeah, I mean, Alan Moore's a one-man genre and... sometimes you get the feeling with Ellis's stuff that he's trying too hard to write books where the pitch would be "Alan Moore but more marketable".

This is something about half the DC writers are guilty of and a third of Marvel too and, like, admitted Ellis writes some of the better Mooresque stuff but...

Yeah. Yeah. Music Warren Ellis, whoever the hell he is, looks like if John the Baptist ate George Harrison.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: It begins. End of the decade lists
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2009, 03:11:55 pm »

Am I the only one who expected a list of gay guys's girlfriends?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: It begins. End of the decade lists
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2009, 03:26:09 pm »

Big ol' picture of Katie Holmes to lead it off.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: It begins. End of the decade lists
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2009, 05:03:22 pm »

Big ol' picture of Katie Holmes to lead it off.

from out of nowhere!  such a great burn!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: It begins. End of the decade lists
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2009, 07:10:06 pm »

That's right.  I thought of that all by myself.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: It begins. End of the decade lists
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2009, 07:20:47 pm »

That's right.  I thought of that all by myself.

Dude!  Now Tom Cruise is gonna quit posting here!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up