Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: November 25, 2009 -- Sci-fi  (Read 6988 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: November 25, 2009 -- Sci-fi
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 04:19:13 am »

I've never understood why you have any cans.

whoa!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: November 25, 2009 -- Sci-fi
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2009, 04:51:39 am »

I've never understood why you have any cans.

No, see, he's supposed to taste react like that.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: November 25, 2009 -- Sci-fi
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2009, 05:12:09 am »

I think he is talking about ben maybe? 

See, ben is a guy who has absolutely no ability to laugh at himself or anything he, or anyone he knows, has ever been associated with.

He is a prick, basically.


Ben likes to act like if you don't agree with him you either want to kill him or you haven't heard his opinion yet.  Very tiresome.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: November 25, 2009 -- Sci-fi
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2009, 05:30:52 am »

yes, what keith said. that is what I meant.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: November 25, 2009 -- Sci-fi
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2009, 07:03:37 am »

wait, there was no confusion about that.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Choop

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: November 25, 2009 -- Sci-fi
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2009, 02:10:42 pm »

your favorite board member sucks
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: November 25, 2009 -- Sci-fi
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2009, 09:32:58 am »

Now I don't know if I'm being a dick or if people are being sarcastic about me being a dick. I mentioned a strip I didn't like in the context of the note that it did hit right with me, people acted awed and amazed that I didn't like that strip, it reminded me of a particular brand of bullshit I have to deal with. I am not trying to be a dick, but of course people who act like a dick rarely are trying.

Edit #1: To clarify regarding the "particular brand of bullshit": I have recently been dealing with the kind of bullshit evangelical Christians I mentioned earlier, so my tolerance for that particular angle had run especially low, even if it was coming in on another subject. In retrospect, that post was an overreaction from any perspective other than someone who's been dealing with bullshit evangelicals taking that line.

Edit #2: Further consideration of the matter of my behavior in case anyone gives a shit. I have the depression pretty bad, which is why I don't post often. As a result it is more likely that negative emotions will spur me to post (anger, outrage) than that positive ones will (hey, I bet I have something to say that people want to hear.) It's not so much that I hate everything and everyone, but rather that if I like a line of discussion I'm less likely to try to post in it due to this. Not that this excuses actual dick behavior if I am being a dick, but it may explain it at least.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 09:48:03 am by Ben-San »
Logged

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: November 25, 2009 -- Sci-fi
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2009, 10:32:11 am »

+1 cans for being honest and meeting the point head on, -1 cans because aesthetic appreciation and religious fervor are not the same.

I feel like you did kind of overreact there, but it turns out that maybe people really are out to get you? But probably not, so everyone can calm down. While you might not enjoy the exact same things that I enjoy I will see you in hell  we all have to live with the choices we make  it won't matter in 2012  I'll find a way to make do.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: November 25, 2009 -- Sci-fi
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2009, 02:00:07 pm »

Guys, please take the personal attacks to one of the ten billion other places on the Internet that are suitable for that kind of shit. I'm sure there are some of us who are less than fascinated to read yet another post about drugs or college life from certain posters in this thread. But the reason this place remains civil is that we just skip over it and keep that opinion to ourselves.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up