Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick Bread from Starters  (Read 12159 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 11:33:06 pm »

I have never heard a good thing about Ethiopian food.

Perhaps, though, all my friends who have tried it are wusses and/or the Ethiopian in LA (like in that Ethiopian area south of the Grove) is bad.

Still. I'm a wuss too.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 11:34:37 pm »

Really dude? Morocco is as far Africa as good food gets. The rest is just variations on Kabobs and rice.

This does not sound like an accurate description of the Ethiopian food I have eaten.
Logged

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2009, 03:27:03 am »

This does not sound like an accurate description of the Ethiopian food I have eaten.

All Ethiopian food I have eaten has been roasted goat and spaghetti with meat sauce.  I guess the Italian occupation made a strong impression on their cuisine.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2009, 04:03:36 am »

This reminds me of the first time I had Ethiopian food, which was in the company of Cort, Wombat, and the Technical Staff.

Good times.

Ditto. I'm also not a fan of the bread. I don't like the sponginess I think. Give me some naan or roti
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2009, 04:44:44 am »

Ethiopian is amazing, also absolutely nothing like what bluemoon described.

I am a vegetarian though, maybe their meat sucks?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2009, 09:05:00 am »

Nah, their meat doesn't suck. Their is an amazing ethiopian place right around the corner from me and I love to go there with friends. Mostly because eating with your hands is a great thing to do with people and also I love the bread and spicy food. It makes be jealous of west philly because I swear they have one ethiopian cafe per capita.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2009, 02:25:47 pm »

Really dude? Morocco is as far Africa as good food gets. The rest is just variations on Kabobs and rice.
Don't you live in DC? Wtf.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2009, 02:29:47 pm »

I had ethiopian food for the first time recently, and I really didn't like it. I couldn't figure out what it was, but there was this one taste going on in the food that I just HATED. Maybe it was the injera? It was kind of like... sour.
Just curious--where did you dine?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 04:23:13 pm by JorgeFabregas »
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2009, 07:45:54 pm »

Had Ethiopian for the first (and so far last) time about a year ago. Just your basic wat and injera spread. Really not bad at all. Not exactly my thing, but I'd definitely go again if adventurous friends were in town or whatever. The only thing that was kind of a hangup for me as I was eating was that the actual task of wiping the wat with the injera kind of reminded me a little too much of ass wiping. Stupid, I know. But once my mind went there I couldn't shake it.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2009, 08:00:48 pm »

And there you go.  From bread recipes to ass wiping!

TOUAMB!!!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2009, 08:23:04 pm »

And there you go.  From bread recipes to ass wiping!

TOUAMB!!!

arent a lot of IRL convos like that, in theory?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2009, 03:15:56 am »

Ethiopian cuisine is what I would eat in a perfect world on the days I'm not eating pizza.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2009, 03:18:36 am »

Ethiopian cuisine is what I would eat in a perfect world on the days I'm not eating pizza.

Ethiopian pizza!  Am I wrong?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2009, 03:20:52 am »

You are now charged with opening a theme restaurant featuring Italian/Ethiopian fusion cuisine.  Bonus points for successful franchises that displace P.F.Chang's.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2009, 03:29:09 am »

I have nothing to add about bread or Ethiopian food. I would like to say on an unrelated note that Wombat edited the news box and the new entries are very amusing to read.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up