Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick Bread from Starters  (Read 12152 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2010, 04:00:15 am »

SAND!

/Kinnison
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2010, 04:07:18 am »

jorge, it's supposed to be goopy, the missus just tears off a piece in her hands or bakes the whole batch in a single big loaf. if it's runny, however, i don't know what you did wrong.

you can make an easy, cheap stone with regular old solid bricks.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2010, 04:28:39 am »

The end result was perfectly tasty so...one of life's mysteries I guess.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2010, 10:23:50 pm »

Whoa, she lives like that far from the station, too. i was in your old neighborhood.

Nice! I should have insisted you go to that Korean Place at 22nd and Maryland. They have really great Dolsot Bibimbop.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2010, 10:38:22 pm »

instead we went to this place that has both diner food and thai food. and some italian food.

we saw a penis while we were there. And it confirmed my suspicion that seeing a penis anywhere other than my own house makes me say "huh, a penis." I did not gibber and scream.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2010, 03:56:11 am »

can'd for 'gibber'
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2010, 04:16:00 am »

it took me a long time to figure out the word for the noise I was making. It is not a noise I knew I could make.

I also screamed something like OHFUCKOHFUCKIT'SGOINGINTOMYfuck*ngROOM, OHMYGODOHMYGOD. Not my most masculine moment.

My roommate, on the other hand, just kept yelling "YOU BASTARD! THIS ISN'T YOUR HOUSE, YOU BASTARD! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU! BASTARD!"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2010, 04:40:44 am »

Tell your roommate I'm giving him a can.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2010, 05:50:30 am »

how can you be afraid of something that has farts that you cant hear?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 03:05:17 pm by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2010, 06:45:32 am »

Tell me you know this through experience.  penis sniffer.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2010, 06:59:59 am »

YOU TRIED TO MILK HIM DIDN'T YOU, YOU SICK FUCK
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2010, 03:04:24 pm »

Tell me you know this through experience.  penis sniffer.

oooof.  i fixed my typo.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2010, 11:33:59 pm »

Obviously a Freudian slip.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Bread from Starters
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2010, 08:40:47 pm »

I am typically open to try anything food-wise, and I like almost everything.  So I ordered the vegetarian injera at the local Ethiopian restaurant at the high recommendation of many friends (vegetarian and non-vegetarian alike, at a time when I was vegetarian).  It came and it looked and smelled like the sort of stuff I would like.  I definitely like community eating, dipping things, and flavoured dipping stuffs and I always like a variety.  I love herbs and spices and like everything from mild to spicy.  So this looked pretty fine to me when it got served up.  I took a taste of each of the different selections of wat and tibs.  There was at least half a dozen, probably more.  I strongly disliked all of them.  To me it tasted like spiced baby food with sour pancake.  Bleh.  That is the first time where I didn't like a single option of many foods placed before me.  I hate wasting food and I had told the owner/server that this was my first time trying it, so she stood there watching expectantly.  I tried to force myself to eat, but it was so damn gross I retched in my mouth.  The lady was all "is it too spicy?" and I'm all "no... I'm just not... hungry."  I felt terrible.  She clearly knew I was trying not to vomit.  I paid and made a hasty exit, trying to avoid both the table full of food and the gaze of the owner.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up