Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132623 times)

0 Members and 28 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #630 on: February 24, 2012, 05:05:42 pm »

Someone get that Todd McFarlane cat on the phone. I gotta have me one of those.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #631 on: February 24, 2012, 05:41:26 pm »

Someone get that Todd McFarlane cat on the phone. I gotta have me one of those.

my birthday is may 12 and that would be the best dirtythirty present, ever.

Can's for everyone.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #632 on: February 24, 2012, 07:45:59 pm »

Hey Paul? Y'know how a few years back I quit dipping snuff and you mentioned a guy you knew had quit but had said you always kinda want one still?

The fucker was balls on right. Last night's major dream was me simply buying a tin and savouring the piss out of a nice fat dip of Copenhagen.

BALLS

asher-d, im glad you arent doing that foul disgusting shit anymore.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #633 on: February 24, 2012, 10:56:16 pm »

My godmother's dad got mouth cancer from the chew and got to watch in horror as over time more and more of his mouth and lower jaw got cut off.  I was young at the time, but it just seemed that every time I saw him a little more of his face was missing.  Near the end he had a void where his mouth and jaw had been and he just made noises out of his throat that I couldn't understand.  I was a kid and I was so scared of him once it got to a certain point.  Too bad, because he was a kind person if I recall correctly.

Thumbs up for any action that prevents your face from being slowly removed.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #634 on: February 25, 2012, 12:48:05 am »

Hey Paul? Y'know how a few years back I quit dipping snuff and you mentioned a guy you knew had quit but had said you always kinda want one still?

Yeah, I was talking about myself.  I quit nearly 30 years ago and goddammit I still get a hankerin' from time to time.

Quittin' alcohol was way easier than giving up tobacco.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #635 on: February 25, 2012, 03:59:03 am »

I only ever want smokes in my dreams. Of course, I want everything in my dreams.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #636 on: February 25, 2012, 08:30:00 pm »

I still periodically dream about cigarettes.

And I still occasionally smoke, given the opportunity. Usually when drinking heavily, though less so now that you can't smoke in bars. So, about twice a year I'll have a big night out, buy a pack, get wasted, and end up having to chuck the half-dozen or so left in the pack after the get horribly stale.

I truly enjoy smoking. I don't really think that I've quit smoking. I'm just taking a break from it so that I can live long enough to take it up again while I'm waiting to run out the clock. I figure, if I make it to 70, something else is likely to get me before the cigarettes will, so I may as well enjoy the last 10 or 15 years.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #637 on: February 26, 2012, 12:41:26 am »

if I start talking about what I think about cigarettes, you will have to move the post to the Shit My ____ Says post. Suffice it to say they really gross me out ever since I kissed someone who had just smoked a cigarette. You think that brushing your teeth gets rid of the taste/smell, but it doesn't.

I had a dream that I was quitting my job at a local craft brewery. I tearfully told them that I had to quit because my GF is moving to Chicago. And then I told them their beer isn't actually that good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #638 on: February 26, 2012, 01:25:12 am »

Yeah, but if both partners smoke, your sense of taste/smell is so deadened by the habit that it doesn't matter.

The main thing I didn't like about being a smoker was how it stained my teeth. Also, I got bronchitis every October for five years running. But mostly the teeth thing.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #639 on: February 26, 2012, 05:07:50 am »

if I start talking about what I think about cigarettes, you will have to move the post to the Shit My ____ Says post. Suffice it to say they really gross me out ever since I kissed someone who had just smoked a cigarette. You think that brushing your teeth gets rid of the taste/smell, but it doesn't.

Yeah, turns out nothing gets rid of the smell other than not smoking. People who smoke will act like they can do some mint/toothbrush/cologne super-combo, but that shit does not work.

I can't stand the smell on a person. Eventually the teeth get yellow, as do the fingers. And of course, every article of clothing reeks.

I used to smoke for like twenty years, but I really no longer have any desire to do so. It's kind of strange. If I end up making it to 70 and am free to do what I want, I'm going to spend my twilight years getting high as fuck.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #640 on: February 26, 2012, 05:10:37 am »

Back to the topic, last night I had a dream that I was at the dentist. And he was really disappointed with me - apparently I should have been addressing something that was going on way back in my throat.

Fuck that shit, bring back the zombie dreams.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #641 on: March 04, 2012, 03:17:19 pm »

I dreamed that I went to the grocery store and saw that they had a display with a bunch of crappy DVDs for $4.99. They only had two movies, but there were about 100 copies of each of them. Standing in front of the display was Alec Baldwin. I walked up and said, "I know who you are." He looked pleased and offered me a DVD. I said, "Will you autograph it for me?" He was delighted to do so, and pulled out a Sharpie.

Just as he was signing the DVD case, Robert De Niro came up to him and said, "Hey, buddy. On the autograph circuit, eh?"

Baldwin said, "Yeah, watchagonnado." Both men laughed.

Then De Niro said, "Are you even in this movie?" I looked at the cover. It was a low-budget action flick I hadn't even heard of. I couldn't find Alec Baldwin anywhere on it.

Baldwin said, "Sure! Sure I am." Then he turned to me. "Have you seen this movie?"

I said, "I don't see many movies, actually. But I know who both of you guys are. You're Robert De Niro, and you're Alec Baldwin." Baldwin suddenly looked crestfallen.

Just then, my BFF, who is a huge movie buff, walked up behind me and said, "Hey! Aren't you Stephen Baldwin?" I looked down at my DVD case, and sure enough, that's what the signature said.

Totally. Awkward.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #642 on: March 04, 2012, 11:55:51 pm »

Fuck that is awesome.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #643 on: March 05, 2012, 04:46:27 am »

I had a dream that I was quitting my job at a local craft brewery. I tearfully told them that I had to quit because my GF is moving to Chicago. And then I told them their beer isn't actually that good.

Do you actually work at a local brewery or was that also part of your dream?

The main thing I didn't like about being a smoker was how it stained my teeth. Also, I got bronchitis every October for five years running. But mostly the teeth thing.

So I've never actually been a smoker in the sense that I've ever actually had to quit. I've gone through periods where I'll smoke for a month or two and then either get tired of it or decide it's a bad idea because I make pretty poor health decisions anyway. It's not rewarding enough to me to justify the risks, even though I don't even smoke that much during those periods. Well, on New Year's Eve, my buddy busted out a pack of cigarettes and fuck, I had forgotten how good it feels to smoke when you drink. So I smoked throughout most of January and a bit of February till I got this bad cough. That went away, so I started to smoke again, and the cough came back. Haven't had one since.

Fuck that is awesome.

That is a rad dream. I had a sex dream last night and I've been trying to think of who the lady was all day. I thought it might be Rhonda Pearlman (I've been watching the Wire a lot recently) but I never had much of a thing for her. Huh. Oh well.

I wish I could remember my dreams better. I've had some awesome ones in the last year that just kind of balance on the edge of my memory. I wake up feeling really good or really strange, but I can't quite recall most of the details.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #644 on: March 05, 2012, 05:57:49 am »

That is a rad dream. I had a sex dream last night and I've been trying to think of who the lady was all day. I thought it might be Rhonda Pearlman (I've been watching the Wire a lot recently) but I never had much of a thing for her. Huh. Oh well.

can'd. something about her just triggers the response; i'm sure few of us are innocent of this experience.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 59   Go Up