Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132239 times)

0 Members and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #855 on: March 20, 2014, 03:04:16 am »

It's kind of like being a Satanist.

That pretty much sums it up.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #856 on: April 08, 2014, 04:10:02 pm »

Had a teen style dream where I borrowed my dad's car and had to call him to tell him I wrecked it. As the dream went on more and more things stopped working, and I took it to a mechanic and he said I had done something stupid to make all these things happen. But somehow in the process I drove all the way to Texas with my brother, sister, and cat in the car.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #857 on: April 13, 2014, 12:10:23 am »

LOL. Ash dreamed he was normal, and this made him think of me.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #858 on: April 13, 2014, 06:00:12 am »

You just can't get this kind of repartee on Facebook.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #859 on: May 21, 2014, 05:57:40 pm »

Man, my subconscious is so into public transit. Lately every dream is about taking the NJ train or the subway and getting lost and not knowing how to get where I'm going.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #860 on: May 22, 2014, 01:42:12 pm »

Man, my subconscious is so into public transit. Lately every dream is about taking the NJ train or the subway and getting lost and not knowing how to get where I'm going.

I have these kinds of dreams ALL THE TIME.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #861 on: May 23, 2014, 06:28:16 pm »

I've been having some wacky-ass recurring dreams lately about a dog-man who works at the front-desk of a dentist's office. I'll come in to talk with him about payment options and insurance or something, and this guy—who seems more dog-like in demeanor and mannerisms than appearance—will sit there, very controlled and rigid, and do his job like anybody would expect. The only weird thing I notice besides his vague dog-aura is that his hands are always involuntarily clenching into little paws.

Anyway, the climax of the dream always happens when I stop by his office one day a few minutes after it's closed, and I see him gleefully galloping around the building, naked and on four legs, while chasing an orange ball and barking. Perhaps this is just standard corporate repression type stuff, but its vividness always leaves me in a weird mood as I get ready in the morning.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #862 on: May 10, 2015, 05:16:17 pm »

Oh man, losing-all-my-teeth dreams just get more and more real feeling. This one had that sense of impending doom and even saying to myself "this isn't a dream, this is really happening. This is my real life."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #863 on: May 21, 2015, 06:37:02 am »

Dang, I don't want your dreams!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #864 on: August 04, 2015, 12:08:36 pm »

I had a dream juff replaced the board with a page explaining why he was giving up on rebooting it. yikes.

Also included in the page was a list of everyone's sock-puppet aliases. They were all things like "pmcd7 was pmcd9. MarsupialLady was Wombat. P-Adore was V-Adore."
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 02:40:53 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #865 on: August 04, 2015, 07:48:14 pm »

Noooooo.

If I live long enough to be stuck in a nursing home, I was planning to re-reread the whole board to relive my glory days. I guess maybe there is a way I could get the whole thing from Jough as an archive, even if it isn't live anymore?

But not now please. My dog is dying and I've been sick all summer. I can't stand it now.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #866 on: August 05, 2015, 02:13:58 am »

I can't remember my dreams anymore.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #867 on: August 07, 2015, 05:16:04 pm »

I don't even want to know about P-Adore.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #868 on: August 10, 2015, 02:24:13 am »

my friend who lives Abroad is having a lot of problems (emotionally) with being far from home, lonely, etc. so we have been chatting a lot. I may have posted previously about her chauvinistic foreign BF, who she finally broke up with.
I have always had romantic feelings for her (and I know this is a boy-who-cries-wolf thing but these feelings are much more real than my usual feelings) that I have told her about, once, a few years ago. She was not interested but very kind about it. So now that we are talking a lot, my brain decided I should have long, very realistic dreams that she was moving here to be with me. Helping her look for jobs, finding an apartment for her (wouldn't want to jump right into living together immediately, right?), and excitedly awaiting her arrival.

WTF brain, fuck you. You suck, brain.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #869 on: August 10, 2015, 07:23:43 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59   Go Up