Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos  (Read 14200 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« on: December 04, 2009, 04:40:00 am »

OK GO - Here It Goes Again

I will be amazed if you have not seen this. The 'treadmill' one. If you have not seen it though it's a pretty good watch

Super Furry Animals - Rings Around the World

Pornography, golf and kid's shows are mixed to make a pretty silly but fun video. Top tune as well

Talking Heads - Road to Nowhere

Talking Head's idiosyncrasy manifested in a pretty lovely video. If you can be bothered 'And She Was' is a pretty charming other Talking Heads promo


Fill this thread up with stuff so I can procrastinate at some point in the future
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 04:52:45 am »

Röyksopp's video for Remind Me is one of my favourites. 

Also Whatareya? by TISM because it's just so Aussie.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 05:03:15 am »

Röyksopp's video for Remind Me is one of my favourites. 

Also Whatareya? by TISM because it's just so Aussie.

Always a fan of Ruuyksopp, here's Junior Senior whilst we're on the topic of Scandinavian synth-pop duos

That Whatareya? song is getting stuck in my head and now I won't be able to sleep
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 05:12:48 am »

I must have seriously misjudged Supper Furry Animals.  I even bought one of their albums and didn't really care for it much.  But there have been some seriously great SFA songs posted here over the past few days.

Maybe I've changed.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 05:22:20 am »

I must have seriously misjudged Supper Furry Animals.  I even bought one of their albums and didn't really care for it much.  But there have been some seriously great SFA songs posted here over the past few days.

Maybe I've changed.

I implore you to listen to this then http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJCsmO7-12g&feature=related

If you don't like this track (ignore the video, it's a fan-made one and pretty dull) then maybe they're not your band but I think it's an absolutely superb song and kind of sums up their eclectic approach to things. They've done pretty much every genre at some point

Which album did you buy?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 05:25:29 am »

Miles Fisher - This Must Be The Place (Talking Heads cover)
A Talking Heads cover by way of an American Psycho visual homage by a Tom Cruise look-alike. Kinda catchy, too.

Birdy Nam Nam - The Parachute Ending
Very trippy, kinda Kirby-esque animation.

Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity
C'mon, you know you love it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 06:02:09 am by lprkn »
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 05:35:36 am »

Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 06:24:48 am »

Junior Senior

ive been looking for that video forever, dude!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 07:41:19 am »

If you don't like this track (ignore the video, it's a fan-made one and pretty dull) then maybe they're not your band but I think it's an absolutely superb song and kind of sums up their eclectic approach to things. They've done pretty much every genre at some point

You are kind of right, but also wrong.  I mean, they have done every genre, and as a band they progressed through them up to this album or maybe Radiator, but like, Something 4 the Weekend and shit, you could like that and hate this.  Plus that song about his hamster.  Classic.  What about Guerilla and Mwng?  Those are pretty much completely different.  But yeah, they are very eclectic and are awesome at mixing genres, that is why they are fuck*ng awesome.

here is another of their videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFVejzIBL-E

also, check out the acid casuals, that is the keyboardists' band.  they are great.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 08:16:27 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 12:16:13 pm »

You are kind of right, but also wrong.  I mean, they have done every genre, and as a band they progressed through them up to this album or maybe Radiator, but like, Something 4 the Weekend and shit, you could like that and hate this.  Plus that song about his hamster.  Classic.  What about Guerilla and Mwng?  Those are pretty much completely different.  But yeah, they are very eclectic and are awesome at mixing genres, that is why they are fuck*ng awesome.

here is another of their videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFVejzIBL-E

also, check out the acid casuals, that is the keyboardists' band.  they are great.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply the song covered all aspects of them, just that the transition from Beatle-like pop to heavy metal freakout at the end is typical of the way their albums/they themselves pan out in different and interesting fashions.

Through my own experience Respectable for the Receptacle is always the first song I show people when they're trying to get into them and everyone seems to give it good feedback and follow up their interest. Though now I am slightly more lucid I feel I could have chosen a better one, there are sooo many good ones. Probably my favourite band ever and I listen to a lot of music so the fact I can even single them out for that distinction is high praise from me indeed

Acid Casuals are also brilliant, yes
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 02:15:03 pm »

I have seen maybe 15 music videos in my entire life. Cool Yourself is my favorite at the moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BQsOGF8J9w
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 02:35:00 pm »

here's Junior Senior

Man I love that video. In that same vein (8-bit-style pixel art) here is The Flairs with Trucker's Delight (NSFW).

edit: I should probably add a NSFW tag on that
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 02:39:04 pm by Mr Trout »
Logged

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 03:13:27 pm »

Man I love that video. In that same vein (8-bit-style pixel art) here is The Flairs with Trucker's Delight (NSFW).

edit: I should probably add a NSFW tag on that
It should probably go without saying that anything that would delight a trucker will be NSFW. Truckers are awful, awful people.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 03:32:32 pm »

It should probably go without saying that anything that would delight a trucker will be NSFW. Truckers are awful, awful people.

being a trucker is sort of like being home-schooled.  the lack of socializing on a daily basis turns one into (even more of) a friggin weirdo.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 03:49:54 pm »

Mad World - Gary Jules

Year of the Rat - Badly Drawn Boy = Huuuuugs!

All The Same - Sick Puppies   Free Hugs!  (this one makes me cry every time I watch it, it's so beautiful!)

Spirit in the Sky - Doctor and the Medics The contrast between how scared I was of this video as a kid, and how funny I find it now is drastic.

Where's Your Head At - Basement Jaxx   I briefly worked at a level 4 bio lab, and I honestly imagined this sort of thing was happening somewhere in the building.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 08:34:40 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up