Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Ice Cold Water  (Read 11923 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 11:33:25 pm »

Chinese folks do this.  I don't know what its about either,  but living & working in California, I encounter a lot of folks from mainland China and many of them settle down for lunch with a steaming cup of hot water.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 01:07:27 am »

I was embarrassed to say so at first, but I also hate ice water.  Can't stand it.  I don't like the taste, the temperature, or the texture.  IF (and it's a big if) I drink water, it's got to be cool at its coldest, but preferably tepid.  And be chock-full of Crystal Light or something.  I hate pretty much everything about drinking water.  However, I do like to shower in it, swim in it, and eat things cooked in it.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 01:38:52 am »

On no account will a commie ever drink water, and not without good reason.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 03:00:53 am »

Left to my own devices, I'd basically only drink ice water and hot coffee. Snapple in a pinch at a truckstop with bad coffee. That's it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 03:11:18 am »

i only really like snapple for the 'real facts'.........
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 04:54:04 am »

i drink cold filtered water, but i cannot abide ice in my drinks. i like sparkling water, and i was surprised to discover one that actually tastes cleaner, different and better. still, no ice. also: at a soda fountain, i put just enough ice in to keep it cold, and don't use a lid or straw, and usually finish it before i drive off.

ice is awesome for keeping things cold but it ruins every potable.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 05:35:39 am »

My wife is one of those bizzare people who fills the cup with ice, then adds soda.  I can understand it when a vendor rips you off doing that (although the margins on soda syrup are already so extortionate it hardly seems worth the effort) but to shortchange yourself?  Plus, she gets mad at me if I bring her a cup of soda with just enough ice to keep it cool.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2009, 05:52:48 am »

Chinese folks do this.  I don't know what its about either,  but living & working in California, I encounter a lot of folks from mainland China and many of them settle down for lunch with a steaming cup of hot water.

That is supposedly how tea was discovered. The Emperor of China was having a walk around his garden with a cup of hot water, and a tea leaf dropped into his cup, and instead of pouring out the now-brown water, he decided to drink it anyway. Good man.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cold Water
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2009, 06:11:02 am »

This "drinking plain hot boiled water" thing confuses the hell out of me. I have a half-liter mug at work and drink about 2 mugs full of green tea or yerba mate each day.

I love water, though. Chilled from the Brita or ice water. Either is equally awesome.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cold Water
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2009, 06:42:46 am »

you know what i coul d use right now/

probbaly some water.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2009, 06:52:50 am »

two cubes

that's the perfect amount of ice
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 06:56:57 am »

two cubes

that's the perfect amount of ice

What the fuck, I thought I split this.  We're still talking about ice water over here in the bacon thread?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 06:57:51 am »

Sure, extra water from melting ice dilutes your drink.

But without it, the drink cannot be SUPER COLD.

I will take super cold and 'lute, any day. Any damn day.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 06:59:35 am »

My wife is one of those bizzare people who fills the cup with ice, then adds soda.  I can understand it when a vendor rips you off doing that (although the margins on soda syrup are already so extortionate it hardly seems worth the effort) but to shortchange yourself?  Plus, she gets mad at me if I bring her a cup of soda with just enough ice to keep it cool.

I like my soda as cold as I can get it so I'm with your wife on this one.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cold Water
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2009, 03:04:35 pm »

When we remodeled the kitchen we got a fridge with a filtered water dispenser inside. I insisted that this was a needless complication but everyone said I would come to love it. The water that comes out is ice cold. As it turns out, 90% of the year, I drink the room temperature water out of the Brita pitcher on the countertop instead.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up