Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Ice Cold Water  (Read 11899 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cold Water
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2009, 05:52:47 am »

Doesn't JL's husband drink some weird ass tea? Was it yerba mate?

If you're in Atlanta, you're probably legally required to drink Coke.
And if youre at N.Y.U. coca cola is explicitly banned by the entire institution because the student council one year was offended that coke never answered a letter from them about... funding paramilitary operations in south america.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2009, 05:22:24 pm »

Reading Pearl S. Buck's "The Good Earth" (by the way, stop what you're doing and go read it now) I was made aware that to the poor peasants of China, "tea" meant hot boiled water with (few, few) leaves thrown into it. When the young Wang Lung throws one or two fuck*ng LEAVES too many into his bowl, his father scolds him saying someting like "What, you impudent fool, do you think you are rich?". An eye-opener (did you see what I did here), if nothing else...

I thought of this post the next time I made tea.  I was making Oolong tea, the leaves of which can (and should) be reinfused, as the flavour and quality improves in the second and third flush.  I made the first flush, and knowing it was better on the second go-round considered throwing the first steep out, but I didn't want to be wasteful, so I drank the first flush, leaving the leaves in the strainer in a neat, out of the way place in the kitchen.  I went back later, and they were gone.  I was astonished, and at first thought one of the cats had eaten them, than I asked my husband (who normally takes days, if not weeks to pick up after himself and had a massive pile of dirty dishes of at least that vintage waiting to be washed).  For some reason he had instantly thrown the leaves in the garbage right after I had made the tea.  I didn't call him an impudent fool or anything though. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cold Water
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2009, 05:29:48 pm »

And if youre at N.Y.U. coca cola is explicitly banned by the entire institution because the student council one year was offended that coke never answered a letter from them about... funding paramilitary operations in south america.
There are lots of universities that don't have contracts with Coke because of the assassination of union organizers at Coke bottling plants in Colombia.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cold Water
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2009, 06:47:21 pm »

Doesn't JL's husband drink some weird ass tea? Was it yerba mate?

Yes, he does drink yerba, I think we had a thread about it one time.

Yes, we did. Here it is:
http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,4176.msg111624.html#msg111624
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2009, 06:48:35 pm »

I didn't call him an impudent fool or anything though. 

Is "impudent fool" something you normally call him when you're angry?  Are you some kind of ancient Chinese sorcerer or something?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2009, 08:42:37 pm »

Is "impudent fool" something you normally call him when you're angry?  Are you some kind of ancient Chinese sorcerer or something?

Oh shit, after thousands of years, I  have been discovered.  I should have known the quiz master would uncover my identity.  In order to properly balance chi, I must bestow with tiny metal cans of liquid.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2009, 02:57:52 pm »

Is "impudent fool" something you normally call him when you're angry?  Are you some kind of ancient Chinese sorcerer or something?



Watch yourself, or Daryl Hannah will poison your giraffe head stew.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cold Water
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2009, 04:22:59 pm »

I find that when it's cold outside like it is at the moment I drink less ice cold water, but when I do drink I still want it icy cold.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Ice Cold Water
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2009, 05:57:21 pm »

I find that when it's cold outside like it is at the moment I drink less ice cold water, but when I do drink I still want it icy cold.

I have drunk such limited quantities of water this week that I am actually severely dehydrated.  My lips look like the Crypt Keeper's right now.  My kidneys are beginning to be noticeably sore.  I must rectify this pronto.  (Man, I hate water!) 
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cold Water
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2009, 08:05:30 pm »

Do what I do, drink beer instead.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cold Water
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2009, 09:52:34 pm »

Water is good for you.  It loves you and wants you to be well.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cold Water
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2009, 10:03:19 pm »

Unless you're an alien in a movie with a stupid plot twist.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cold Water
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2009, 10:41:10 pm »

or you're in mexico
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Ice Cold Water
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2009, 02:34:07 am »

I have drunk 16 oz. of coffee, 20 oz. of sugar-free lemonade, 8 oz. of plain tap water, and about 8 oz. of Archer Farms wild berry flavored water today.  This is a good day for liquids for me.  I will finish the rest of the 20-oz. bottle of AF water and I will be dehydrated no more, as that is about double the fluids I normally drink daily.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cold Water
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2009, 02:49:07 am »

I find SmartWater is the best water for water's sake. I am still searching for the best mineral water/wine combination.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up