Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Anticipation II: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 11841 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Anticipation II: Electric Boogaloo
« on: December 08, 2003, 01:59:21 pm »

Quote from: "Anxiously Awaiting His Replacement Computer"
Ah, once again I'm up before God and enjoying the soft chill of the morning as I wait, sans coffee.


Why don't you have coffee?  Don't they sell it where you are?  You can make it yourself, you know.

Otherwise, my sympathies regarding your travails in the wilds of the phone banks.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 02:21:38 pm »

I'm trying to quit drinking so much damn coffee.

You know, for Lent.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2003, 02:31:28 pm »

I had to quit coffee as well.
Teetotal and no coffee. Boy is it fun.
Now if only I could get some more weed! My one vice and I'm not giving that up.

I definitely sympathise though. I've only had to order from one bad company, and it was painful. Waiting two weeks for one part so I could getmy machine back up and running.
Now I have two stores that I know I can trust for next day delivery of anything, which is nice.
PC Mall, sounds scarily like PC World. I tend to avoid anywhere with names remotely like that, since they'll tend to suck mightily.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 03:47:24 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
I had to quit coffee as well.
Teetotal and no coffee. Boy is it fun.
Now if only I could get some more weed! My one vice and I'm not giving that up.


Yeah, you think that's fun, try being a walking baby factory.  No cigarettes; no weed; no alcohol; no caffeine; no prescription or OTC medications except Tylenol and Tums; no rare red meat for heaven's sake.  

This isn't an annoucement, BTW.  I'm just sayin'.

</hijack>
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2003, 03:56:06 pm »

You people need to GET A ROOM.

A room in another thread.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2003, 04:19:04 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"

Yeah, you think that's fun, try being a walking baby factory.


Why do you think I had to give up coffee and booze.
Oh wait...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2003, 05:26:44 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Yeah, you think that's fun, try being a walking baby factory.  No cigarettes; no weed; no alcohol; no caffeine; no prescription or OTC medications except Tylenol and Tums; no rare red meat for heaven's sake.  

This isn't an annoucement, BTW.  I'm just sayin'.


This sounds like a regular roarin' Saturday night over at my place
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2003, 06:31:33 pm »

Over two years since I quit smoking and I still crave cigarettes all the time. Being able to breathe when I wake up in the morning is small compensation. Dunno if I'd ever be able to give up caffeine (though I have managed to cut back marginally in the past few months).
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2003, 07:49:22 pm »

I've always considered caffeine the two week drug.  

It takes about two weeks for your body to get used to (and require) a certain amount.  It takes two weeks (of drowsy hell) to get off it.  It takes two weeks to switch from a regular cola to actually liking a diet cola.  

It also tends to take about two weeks before you realize that you've become that guy that orders a double bacon cheesburger and a Diet Coke.

My friends tell me, "Don't be that guy."
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2003, 07:56:57 pm »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
I've always considered caffeine the two week drug.  

It takes about two weeks for your body to get used to (and require) a certain amount.  It takes two weeks (of drowsy hell) to get off it.  It takes two weeks to switch from a regular cola to actually liking a diet cola.  

It also tends to take about two weeks before you realize that you've become that guy that orders a double bacon cheesburger and a Diet Coke.

My friends tell me, "Don't be that guy."


That's funny. Compared to all the other fun substances one can try, I always considered caffeine the Too Weak drug.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2003, 08:18:31 pm »

I should really make another run at quitting soda once I get the chance. I've heard horror stories of what the serious caffeine addiction can be like, and it honestly worries me quite a bit.

That, and once I get off caffeine, I can officially start posturing as being "straightedge." I will still listen to non-emo music and eat gigantic quantities of red meat, but that shouldn't hurt my credentials any.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2003, 08:39:36 pm »

Quote from: "Alohadawg"
I always considered caffeine the Too Weak drug.


Quote from: "V-Adore"
I should really make another run at quitting soda once I get the chance. I've heard horror stories of what the serious caffeine addiction can be like, and it honestly worries me quite a bit.


Yeah. Do not think that caffeine will not fuck you up. At one point, I was pounding down at least seven or eight cups a day - then I abruptly quit. Ever since then, too much caffeine (or any other stimulant, like those vile, over-the-counter pills with names like "truckers' best friend" - just don't, okay?) produces in me the analogue of a long-lasting, low-grade panic attack. Just because it's legal doesn't make it kid-tested and mother-approved.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2003, 08:48:04 pm »

It could be worse, you could be drinking that much coffee. The strongest stuff I drink is Mountain Dew and even that kind of pales in comparison to a hot cup o' joe.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2003, 09:29:06 pm »

I can't function on fewer than four cups of black coffee a day.  And I'm in high school.  This probably does not bode well.
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2003, 09:29:40 pm »

I've been on this ride -- this year.

I went cold turkey on caffeine back around March.  Lasted until almost June.  Now I'm back to a 20 oz. Diet Mountain Dew to start the morning with regular hits throughout the day.

I think Pedro has it about right, but it only took me a week to get that sweet alkaloid out of my system.  Had vicious headaches for the first three days.  Once I was through it, I was okey-dokey.

Not sure why I went back.  Probably has something to do with sweet tea.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up