Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What We Need More Of Is...  (Read 4573 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
What We Need More Of Is...
« on: January 07, 2010, 05:00:37 pm »

« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 10:39:13 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What We Need More Of Is...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 05:04:05 pm »

Blanket sucking.

Huh.  I thought my paw-licking dog was weird.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: What We Need More Of Is...
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 05:26:34 pm »

last night the girl dog was licking the rug for about an hour, then puked, then kept licking the rug. she's got no doberman nor bull terrier in her; the boy dog is probably a full-blood american staffordshire terrier (another pit breed) and licks his paws sometimes when he forgets the toy that's trapped beneath them.

the best thing i've found to do when they're licking and i'm not otherwise busy is to take them outside and run them around a bit, maybe throw a ball. fifteen minutes' exercise every couple hours is a great distraction, and tires them past the point of licking by evening.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What We Need More Of Is...
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 05:31:31 pm »

I've got a dachsund that's a blanket sucker and a lab that's a paw slopper so I got a tinge from it too. Sometimes the house sounds like bathtime at the old folks home, they get going real good.

Our dachshund is a blanket/sheet licker.  He's also a paw licker.  We think it's cause the fur between his paw pads is tickling him.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What We Need More Of Is...
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 07:06:13 pm »

Mine usually starts by "trimming her snowshoes", aka the extra fur between her pads, but then moves on to slobber all over her paws and the bedspread she's lying on.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What We Need More Of Is...
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 08:24:36 pm »

Ugh...  This totall reminds me.  My sweet pup is roaming my home alone, loose and free for the first time.  Due to separation anxiety troubles from before we adopted him, he started out as a crated dog while I was away at work, but I've been slowly weening him off of it.  Hopefully he's being good right now instead of... you know... defecating everywhere or destroying the couch...  We'll see.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What We Need More Of Is...
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 09:32:25 pm »

Mine likes her crate.  Now that  she's grown up, I leave the door to it open during the day when we're gone. When I come home she's usually napping in it.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: What We Need More Of Is...
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 10:42:30 pm »

Way to go, Jaydub. You conditioned that doggie into thinking her home is jail.

Not that this isn't a harmless and very useful thing...
Logged
We must repeat!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What We Need More Of Is...
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 10:51:33 pm »

Sub Tropical...  Is that you?  It's been more than a year.

Are you back?  Where have you been?  Sit a spell, tell us about your life.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What We Need More Of Is...
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 10:55:34 pm »

I know!  I'm actually rather pleased that something in the "dog owner manual" books actually worked the way it was supposed to.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What We Need More Of Is...
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 01:57:15 am »

This thread is alarmingly pug-free.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: What We Need More Of Is...
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 02:16:51 am »

Way to go, Jaydub. You conditioned that doggie into thinking her home is jail.

Not that this isn't a harmless and very useful thing...
Holy shit where did you crawl out of?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What We Need More Of Is...
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 02:30:21 am »

This thread is alarmingly pug-free.

That's because the pugs don't have these particular problems so I have nothing to add.

But, dachshunds, now, there's a fucked-up breed of dog. I'm working with someone who has a dachshund and I am crazy about the little sucker but man, are they warped. Of course this just makes it more fun to mess with his mind. It took many weeks of careful work before I could pick this dog up without him trying to bite me. Seriously I feel like I need to figure out how to put this on my resume if I ever apply for a zoo job again. And now he seems to love it! Make up your mind, you crazy animal.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: What We Need More Of Is...
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 02:53:12 am »

Dachshunds were originally bred to hunt and kill badgers. Mind, they were 2 to 2.5 times as big back then. Still, impressive.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: What We Need More Of Is...
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 04:54:23 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgC-ocnTTto
Alka-Seltzer + water sphere in zero gravity
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up