I am a big Radiohead fan (they're my favourite still extant band) and I thought Hail to the Thief was one of their best, right after "OK Computer" in my book.
All this Hail to the Thief stroking up in this thread is seriously making me consider running right out and downloading it, even though I'm not sure my personality would remain Sufferable after another orgiastic Radiohead binge.
Kid A was good but uneven. Amnesiac was mostly pretty bad, with a few flashes of goodness thrown in.
Both grew on me; the first five notes of Kid A I have listened to one thousand times and the emotional impact - that of
everything is okay and softly lighted and authoritatively narrated - hasn't yet diminished. It is a thing of comfort. I can't say the same for
any Amnesiac track; that album set out to deceive, lull, and unsettle. Both albums were redeemed, I'd think in anyone's eyes, by that Live Recordings disc they put out. I guess that in a live setting they had no choice but to peel away the pretense and admit that they had gone ahead and written another batch of beautiful, human songs.
The Bends is the best pop record of the 90s
Don't get me started on Street Spirit.
PRAISEBOT COME BACK HERE THIS INSTANT