Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: sympathy for the Haitians  (Read 22738 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: sympathy for the Haitians
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2010, 03:56:02 am »

There are parts that don't have poisonous stuff? I thought basically everything everywhere in Australia was always out to kill you, except the wombats. And even they would probably crush you against the roof of their burrows if you were dumb enough to get in one.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: sympathy for the Haitians
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2010, 04:02:28 am »

There are parts that don't have poisonous stuff? I thought basically everything everywhere in Australia was always out to kill you, except the wombats. And even they would probably crush you against the roof of their burrows if you were dumb enough to get in one.

I said most. There's enough poisonous stuff to make it interesting, and if you go east enough to get wet then, bam, more poison. But that's part of the fun.
Also, don't let their idiot-charm deceive you, wombats have claws.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: sympathy for the Haitians
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2010, 04:22:13 am »

Wombat is confusing Australia with Pandora.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: sympathy for the Haitians
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2010, 05:35:57 am »

Nicole Kidman is enormously tall, and so white she's practically blue - so one could see the confusion.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 05:39:40 am by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: sympathy for the Haitians
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2010, 06:31:59 am »

I created a unit of measure called the Kristy Confusion Unit.  You gotta scroll down into the comments to get the whole story.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: sympathy for the Haitians
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2010, 03:10:23 am »

Today I fell down 15 concrete steps on my way to work. (edit:  oh, it was snowy, thats how this plays in)

I still went to work, but then I illegally bought codeine (for the first time in two years-though I have also done that shit the most in this time period s gifts from a few drug dealers) and took a ton and played guitar.  Now I am high as hell and watching the wire and waiting for chinese food.  My back is still killing me though, so that ain't too cool.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: sympathy for the Haitians
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2010, 03:12:05 am »

Oh, and I could have definitely got it legally at the doctor (I didn't actually "fuck up my back" it is the upper back and there is a purple line all the way across, like just below the back of your shoulders if that makes since) but I don't have medical insurance.  I had to do illegal things to save like $150.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: sympathy for the Haitians
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2010, 04:48:08 am »

Oh, and I could have definitely got it legally at the doctor ... but I don't have medical insurance. I had to do illegal things to save like $150.

Thanks, Senator Brown, for making Keith commit crimes.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: sympathy for the Haitians
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2010, 04:58:38 am »

Dont you have some medical marijuana to shake some pain?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: sympathy for the Haitians
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2010, 05:08:44 am »

I do, but this was some serious pain.

Took a lot more- now high and pain free!
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: sympathy for the Haitians
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2010, 05:12:56 am »

My friend got the flu recently and for some reason was prescribed a ton of lortab. So for a few beers she gave me whatever she had left over after like the first day when she was actually in some pain. She's also one of the straightest people I know, so it's fun to give her shit about being an illegal drug dealer. I'm all out man, or else I would have totally hooked you up.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 07:13:05 am by miles »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: sympathy for the Haitians
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2010, 09:03:06 am »

Opioids are cough suppressors, right?  Maybe that is why she got them?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: sympathy for the Haitians
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2010, 02:57:31 pm »

Yeah, I've had hydrocodone as a cough suppressant before. I've got half a bottle of liquid gold in my fridge right now, in fact.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: sympathy for the Haitians
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2010, 04:54:06 pm »

speaking of Rx cough syrup:

sippin on syrup-three six mafia

i didnt realize that that was a thing until i read about the houston(i think?) hiphop scene.  its pretty fucked up to mix Rx cough syrup with soda for recreational purposes.  its even more fucked up to drink it out of a baby bottle if you know how to use a cup.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: sympathy for the Haitians
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2010, 05:08:40 pm »

Didn't someone in that song die from a cough syrup overdose?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up