Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: well, in MY day.......  (Read 9722 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: well, in MY day.......
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2010, 09:36:48 pm »

"Millions of Cats" is the title of my personal vision of hell.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: well, in MY day.......
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2010, 09:41:29 pm »

Good god I second that opinion.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: well, in MY day.......
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2010, 09:48:27 pm »

"Millions of Cats" is the title of my personal vision of hell.

What if we changed it to pussies?
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: well, in MY day.......
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2010, 09:50:05 pm »

Anyone else read Millions of Cats by Wanda Gag?  That was a favorite of mine as a wee lass. 



Someone wrote a book about my ex girlfriend?
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: well, in MY day.......
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2010, 10:09:23 pm »

What if we changed it to pussies?
No that was a book about Texas.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: well, in MY day.......
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2010, 10:10:28 pm »

"Wanda Gag" sounds like the punchline to a joke told by a sixth grade boy
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: well, in MY day.......
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2010, 10:27:19 pm »

Robert Cormier (The Cheese Stands Alone and The Chocolate War, good thoughtful stuff for junior high kids).

Agreed, Cormier is great, huge props for noting those books.  For the title of the first one you list, I think you mean I am the Cheese (although the title is a reference to the song "Farmer in the Dell" it doesn't draw directly from the lyric).  I once gave a copy of The Chocolate War to a student of mine who was dealing with some serious bullying issues.  As it's one of those commonly banned/challenged books, I asked the director of the place I was working at, and his mother permission first due to all the swearing and mature content.  Since the kid was into watching South Park, I reasoned he would be able to handle it.  The poor dude tried his best to fit in, but by the end of his time at the school I was working for, had isolated himself to the point where I was basically his only "friend."  Sad times.  I hope he's okay out there in the world wherever he is. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: well, in MY day.......
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2010, 10:40:58 pm »

I would happily kick millions of cats to death
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: well, in MY day.......
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2010, 10:46:25 pm »

What's with all the hate for cats?  They are infinitely better than scummy old dogs.



Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: well, in MY day.......
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2010, 10:59:29 pm »

Cartoon cats brought us together, but secretly we have all hated actual cats.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: well, in MY day.......
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2010, 11:01:11 pm »

cats are only awesome in cartoon form, and only some of the time.

my dogs think cats are awesome always. for lunch!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: well, in MY day.......
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2010, 11:56:47 pm »

i think kitties are rad.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: well, in MY day.......
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2010, 12:19:49 am »

Very good.  I'll kill you last.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: well, in MY day.......
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2010, 12:20:30 am »

He will, however, still feed you to his cats.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: well, in MY day.......
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2010, 01:10:27 am »

Very good.  I'll kill you last.

bring it on, white girl.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up