Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: quality hmmm  (Read 9513 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Thomas Pain

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -49
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
  • TOUAMB 2009/2010 TROLL OF THE YEAR
    • View Profile
quality hmmm
« on: January 30, 2010, 11:30:19 am »

hi erryone

i want to suggest a new catagory for TOUAMB DOT COM

it is NPR kind of catagory

lemmie splain

NPR is beacon of light, broadcast many story of informations. quality informations.  also canadian equivalent CBCC

So, would be cool have catagory for people start thread of documentary or story that make them go meow

would be a catagory for history, or politics, or sports, or sexay boy bands, anything of the above.  only theme would be after you take it in you come away smarter and more edumacated about something worthwile.  like it make you go hmmeow

for instance, maybe one of the threads in it wone day would be:
hanging A Nation: The Power Of The A-Bomb

Bomb Power: The Modern Presidency and the National Security State explores the ways in which the bomb helped expand the power of the American presidency and turn the United States into a national security state.

and then if anyone wants to comment on it they can comment and we can discuss it

i volunteer to be moderator of proposed new session.  My qualitication is I is certified by American Soceity of qualities as Quality INSPECTOR. so I would be perfect to tell people if they post some crap that isn't quality enough.

-edit-
we can test theory here if you goes liste n to the above link then comment on it here we have interritent discussion here about it.  no pugs so help me god.  okay if pugs then should be along theme of the link
Logged

Thomas Pain

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -49
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
  • TOUAMB 2009/2010 TROLL OF THE YEAR
    • View Profile
Re: quality hmmm
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 05:24:24 pm »

Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: quality hmmm
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 06:43:56 pm »

after you take it in you come away smarter and more edumacated about something worthwile.  like it make you go hmmeow

At TOUAMB that is every thread.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: quality hmmm
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 07:10:30 pm »

education - it's our motto.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Thomas Pain

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -49
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
  • TOUAMB 2009/2010 TROLL OF THE YEAR
    • View Profile
Re: quality hmmm
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 12:17:54 am »

NO  you all DONT GET IT   I have a VISION to which you all are BLIND and I believe that this may well be WILLFULLY SO

COME ON already can't you SEE IT

I can be a DJ OF STUFF THAT DON"{T SUCK  I can do that

you're all SCARED of the tremendous POWER of LIGHT

I'll admit your message board isn't too shabby in places but I can bring it TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT

I'm not asking to take over your whole message board I'm just asking for ONE SMALL AREA to be devoted to the FUTURE OF QUALITY

you have to do R&D   

It's not always clear where R&D is taking you and the payoff may be a ways in the indefinite future but if you don't do R&D then you're just going to NEVER IMPROVE and soon you become IRRELEVANT and your children look at you and ask you DID JESUS MAKE YOU THIS STUPID OR DID YOU HAVE TO WORK AT IT??? 

Don't disappoint your children, look to the future, don't get stuck in the lazy recliner of the present eating nachos until you're so fat you can't fit out the doorway anymore

COME ON PEOPLE I'M TRYING TO HELP YOU HERE BUT YOU HAVE TO WANT TO MOVE FORWARDS AND ONWARDS AND UPWARDS what's WRONG WITH YOU people don't you have any HOPE for the FUTURE?

Quality.  All I'm asking is the opportunity to bring you some quality.  It won't displace your existing quality, it won't hurt, you may feel a little prick, but you will feel ooohhh so much better.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: quality hmmm
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 12:47:06 am »

I just read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle maintenance so all this ranting about quality is weirding me out.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Thomas Pain

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -49
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
  • TOUAMB 2009/2010 TROLL OF THE YEAR
    • View Profile
Re: quality hmmm
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 01:34:00 am »

I'll have to read that book.  you're like the second person who's mentioned it in as many days. 

but I can't afford to buy books at the moment, so that means the library, which I would have to somehow fit into my planning.  I'd have to find my library card.  it's a lot to ask.  can you like just mail me the book when you're done with it?  maybe there should be a touamb book sharing club.  media mail via the usps.  kinda mail boxs of books around.  everyone contributes a book.  of course, they would have to be quality books.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: quality hmmm
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 02:43:05 am »

the mods arent going to fix anything that isnt broke.  most times, if one only one person in a group is less than happy, that person has his or her head too far up their own behind.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: quality hmmm
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 03:04:16 am »

Or, more often, that person isn't actually unhappy at all, but is trying to piss somebody off.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: quality hmmm
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 03:07:38 am »

Mos def.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: quality hmmm
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 03:49:04 am »

i'm sure you're too busy to plan a trip to your library what with the no job and two cats. we can do a book club where everybody buys or borrows the book [from the library (if you can fit it in)], i would be up for that.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: quality hmmm
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 06:35:05 am »

I won an Andy Sumner biography in a raffle today.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Thomas Pain

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -49
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
  • TOUAMB 2009/2010 TROLL OF THE YEAR
    • View Profile
Re: quality hmmm
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 04:21:24 pm »

okay watever i admit i was just trolling obviously no one would ever think anything should be done different touamb is perfection

maybe there should be a thread where other people tell you what you do and don't have time for and make fun of you for being bothered by events in your life oh my god that would be so great

-edit

I forgot to add it should be a requirement in such a thread that every post include the idea that "hey this is touamb/america/etc , so you can either love it or leave it buddy" because I think that is just so enlightened.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: quality hmmm
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 04:46:44 pm »

Actually, on second look at this thread, I do kind of like the idea of a TOUAMB book exchange. I have tons of books lying around waiting for someone besides me to read them. We could sign up for genres and get a random book periodically, or we could do a round-robin, where person A reads a book and sends it to person B, who sends it to person C, and so on. Though I like the idea of just getting a random book in the mail a lot better.

I think, though, we'd have to stipulate that nobody should send out a book they expect to get back. I love you guys, but I'm not sending anyone my dad's vintage copy of War and Peace with his class notes in the margins.

Anyone else up for something like this?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: quality hmmm
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 05:12:36 pm »

Likewise, I will buy anyone who wants one a copy of The Message New Testament Bible. I will even thump it before I put it in the mail for you, if you want.

 ;)
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up