Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )  (Read 5676 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« on: December 10, 2003, 07:08:48 pm »

A science-type question I'm sure we've all pondered at one point or another...
Logged

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2003, 07:11:22 pm »

Maybe he just wants to die in the worst way possible, so he can go be with Ray.  In hell.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2003, 07:12:12 pm »

But would he go to hell?  Or back to heaven with Molly?

If the former, what's he done since the last time he died that would qualify him for hell?

This one made me laugh out loud at my desk.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2003, 07:12:14 pm »

Beautiful.  *weeps*

I love Beef.  I love him so much.  

Any bets on whether or not Onstad will ever tie up the "Ray in Hell" storyline?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2003, 07:14:13 pm »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
Maybe he just wants to die in the worst way possible, so he can go be with Ray.  In hell.


That's true, we haven't seen any of the emotional fallout among the other characters from Ray's Tofutti-Cutie-related death.  Nice one, Pedro!
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2003, 07:27:29 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I love Beef.  I love him so much.


You just knew he'd be on a first-name basis with the off-season Butterball hotline operator.

"All kinds of Cuervo". Awesome.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2003, 07:30:49 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
But would he go to hell?  Or back to heaven with Molly?

If the former, what's he done since the last time he died that would qualify him for hell?


YOU CANNOT KILL YOURSELF THOUGH

YOU HAVE TO DIE FOR REAL
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2003, 08:47:08 pm »

It's a new twist on the old pissing on the third rail theme.  A laugh out loud funny twist I might add.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2003, 08:56:03 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"

YOU CANNOT KILL YOURSELF THOUGH

YOU HAVE TO DIE FOR REAL


And I was just about to bitch at you for capitalising all of that! Nice one.

Quote from: "jldunston"
Any bets on whether or not Onstad will ever tie up the "Ray in Hell" storyline?


Probably. Although what with the knowledge of Beef not going to Heaven like that, he may end up with Ray.
But then maybe he was just intrigued and isn't going to try it.
Does he even know Ray's in Hell?
How long has Ray been in Hell and does time run relative to Achewood?
And... thanks to my friend I've forgotten the other one.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2003, 09:06:32 pm »

I haven't yet reached a conclusion on whether or not this one is happening concurrently with the Ray-in-Hell storyline or not.

Edit: What I wanted to ask, though, is how did Rose know Beef had been drinking all by himself?  Have they had conversations before?  Perhaps during a Thanksgiving-season 1-800 call?  Oh you know it.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2003, 09:12:21 pm »

I think the Butterball line just gets this kind of call a lot. You're drunk and alone staring into your fridge when the turkey wrapper calls to you.

This also applies to 867-5309
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2003, 09:48:13 pm »

I suck.  I didnt get it until I did a Google search.
Logged
goose means greedy

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2003, 09:58:14 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
I suck.  I didnt get it until I did a Google search.


You don't suck, you're just too young to have ever had to cook your own turkey.  There's no suckiness in that.  And wait, aren't you in some other country where they might not even sell that brand of turkey?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2003, 10:02:08 pm »

Nah, I meant the 867-5309.  But I still appreciate the affirmation of my non-suckiness.  


I might add that besides being youthful and canadian, I'm also vegan... so I really would have a right not to understand the turkey part as well.
Logged
goose means greedy

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2003, 10:07:02 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
And wait, aren't you in some other country where they might not even sell that brand of turkey?


What sort of complete and undiluted headfuck must rip through the foreign mind when they come across the word "Butterball" sans context? I wish I could unlearn my whole understanding of "Butterball" so that I can experience this for myself.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up