Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 379292 times)

0 Members and 61 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2010, 05:44:43 pm »

When this series of sights and sounds entered my brain, I closed my internets and took a minute to collect myself. Then I downloaded all of their songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8BWBn26bX0
The Avalanches - Frontier Psychiatrist
Its old so Im probably behind the curve on this one.

I came to know this song via a mixdisc that MisterQueue did back in the day.

BTW, I finished the artwork for my mix last night.  Now I just have to do the burns and packaging.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2010, 10:13:37 pm »

I listened to The Avalanches one time, and never got into it. I will try again.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2010, 03:06:35 am »

ODSESEY AND ORACLE uis posibly the best album of the 60s. THERE I sadi thit.

It is sauperb.

Carae of cell 44 isa so god it meaksme weep wiath joy!

ALSO thae housemartins arae fuckin godly. aboslutely fuck*ng GODLY. So good

TAKE JESUSE TAKE MARX ATAKE HOPE.

LONDON 0 HULL 4

GNIGHT AEVYERONE.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2010, 04:46:48 am »

ODSESEY AND ORACLE uis posibly the best album of the 60s. THERE I sadi thit.

It is sauperb.

Carae of cell 44 isa so god it meaksme weep wiath joy!

Here's a sober affirmation of that opinion: HELL YES.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2010, 05:00:49 am »

I can't help but look at that dude, though, and think that he is Carrottop's soft-butch lesbian sister.

EDIT: wrong thread?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2010, 05:42:30 am »

I saw the Zombies play a few years ago.  They were pretty cool.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2010, 06:53:03 am »

Lately I am in this really crappy rut where I just don't like anything that I hear.

I haven't felt like this since high school... I feel like part of it is projecting my problems with people onto the music they like.

I really love Odyssey and Oracle, and when I played it for my girlfriend she smirked, because she does not like music that is tender and beautiful and warm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2010, 07:24:33 am »

I got the most recent Neil Young and I liked that. But again, that's something new by someone I already like.

Still the line "I got hope/but you can't eat hope" is fuckin' CLUTCH.

I'm looking forward to hearing the Flaming Lips cover of "Dark Side of the Moon" despite the mixed reviews.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2010, 07:38:00 am »

she does not like music that is tender and beautiful and warm.

You should play her some Wolves In The Throne Room.

Incidentally, they are playing in Hobart tomorrow night and I am giddy with excitement.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2010, 04:05:38 pm »

I don't think the Housemartins are particularly big in America? But they're absolutely fantastic.

They're fantastic. Catchiest hook on one of their albums: "Don't wag your fingers at them and turn to walk away/Don't shoot someone tomorrow that you can shoot today"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ehden6aPl0&feature=related Happy Hour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLOyF50wlBU&feature=related Me And The Farmer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOjG91LX8Wg&feature=related Caravan Of Love - Acapella cover of Isley Jasper Isley, Paul Heaton really did have an incredible voice

Hope you enjoy.

Inev, sort your bird out.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2010, 05:16:48 pm »

Incidentally, they are playing in Hobart tomorrow night and I am giddy with excitement.
Tasmania?  Why did I think you were a mainlander?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2010, 07:25:43 pm »

Because you've never actually SEEN him chew through a tree to get to Bugs Bunny.

This has only been implied.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2010, 07:29:57 pm »

Dan, I am mostly a vocalist dude when I listen to music. However, when I hear something like Avalanches or specifically Girl Talk, I feel a total connection with the music and love it. After seeing GT live I even made a song that has made its round at the clubs here. Any suggestions? (uh PM me if you want my song)
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2010, 08:41:38 pm »

I just got Wolfgang Amadaus Phoenix and I can't stop listening to it.  I've got "1901" ringing in my head when I try to go to sleep at night.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2010, 09:19:58 pm »

If you need to eject a song stuck in your head, I find that "The Night Chicago Died" can purge damn near any other song in a snap.

That is, if you can deal with getting "The Night Chicago Died" stuck in your head for a week.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 190   Go Up