Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380046 times)

0 Members and 51 Guests are viewing this topic.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2010, 11:41:27 pm »

Tasmania?  Why did I think you were a mainlander?

Because I've only got the one head.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2010, 01:29:58 am »

If you need to eject a song stuck in your head, I find that "The Night Chicago Died" can purge damn near any other song in a snap.

That is, if you can deal with getting "The Night Chicago Died" stuck in your head for a week.

DAMN YOU!!!

/shakes fist.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2010, 02:18:15 am »

I'm pretty sure that I need to hear EhnWaiYou's club song.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 03:10:07 pm by JorgeFabregas »
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2010, 02:43:11 am »

Quote from: Paper Lace
NaNaNa  NaNaNa   NaNaNaNaNaNaNa

Curse you and your infectious early '70s pop ballads, LFM!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2010, 07:14:01 am »

You should play her some Wolves In The Throne Room.

Incidentally, they are playing in Hobart tomorrow night and I am giddy with excitement.

I just started listening to them a little while ago. I like it.

Also, I have found The Faceless to be quite devoid of either humanity or warmth. FWIW
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2010, 09:41:34 am »

I am late to the party.  I first heard this song in that car commercial at the Super Bowl.

However, The Heavy totally rocked out Letterman and got an encore request.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2010, 01:17:36 pm »

Because I've only got the one head.

Cann'd for bothering to make the joke that all of three people on this board will appreciate.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2010, 03:50:50 pm »

Probably married his sister though.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2010, 03:52:59 pm »

However, The Heavy totally rocked out Letterman and got an encore request.

I think they have a hit on their hands.  Also, Rickenbacker 4001 FTW!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2010, 06:57:27 pm »

I am late to the party.  I first heard this song in that car commercial at the Super Bowl.

However, The Heavy totally rocked out Letterman and got an encore request.

This shit rocks.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2010, 03:59:19 pm »

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2010, 05:03:36 am »

By the way, the thing I listen most to is...tinnitus. It doesn't have much of a beat, though.
Mine sounds like cicadas.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2010, 01:40:57 am »

I could probably find a less stereotypical band to love than Pavement, but I love them so much.

Lately I am really into Beat Happening, and Black Tambourine.


Last night was our big free rock concert:
openers were Spelling Bee, from STL
and two bands from Brooklyn, on this label called Famous Class:
Boogie Boarder
and Darlings (this song is... kind of boring. I like their other stuff a lot more. Also, live they are noisier... see 1:30 or so into the video. They do this thing a lot, that I love, where they get really noisy and build... and then go right back into pretty, well-structured pop.)

Live, Darlings are more like this: awesome noisy guitar rock awesome
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2010, 05:59:15 pm »

Also, can we talk more about Dr. Dog? They are so good. So good. I have now heard two of their albums, and I love both of them. I like when a band can occasionally have moments where you say "oh, the beatles!" or "oh, the flaming lips!" but is more than just a rip-off. I would compare them to certain flaming lips songs, but like... more consistent songwriting.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2010, 09:33:00 pm »

I like when a band can occasionally have moments where you say "oh, the beatles!" or "oh, the flaming lips!" but is more than just a rip-off.

My mother told me she was watching a Radiohead movie last week.  She said they had moments where they reminded her of the Beatles.  I complimented her on being insightful.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 190   Go Up