Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380281 times)

0 Members and 56 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2010, 12:34:13 am »

My mother told me she was watching a Radiohead movie last week.  She said they had moments where they reminded her of the Beatles.  I complimented her on being insightful.

your mom is more hip than you, dogg.  wtf?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2010, 08:19:10 am »

your mom is more hip than you, dogg.  wtf?

Yeah, it's true.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2010, 09:10:52 pm »

Double albums? Triple albums?

Why do people do this. EDIT. TAKE OUT THE SONGS THAT ARE BAD. COME ON, THIS ISN'T HARD.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2010, 10:57:10 pm »

You're underestimating the willingness of fans to buy whatever pearls drop from the fingers of their god(dess).
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2010, 11:06:40 pm »

EDIT. TAKE OUT THE SONGS THAT ARE BAD. COME ON, THIS ISN'T HARD.

With mp3 playlists these days, you can do that yourself.  Construct your favourite album from the three albums worth of stuff on offer!  It's like a musical buffet.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2010, 11:26:31 pm »

Double albums? Triple albums?

Why do people do this. EDIT. TAKE OUT THE SONGS THAT ARE BAD. COME ON, THIS ISN'T HARD.

I know, what were The Beatles, The Clash, Bob Dylan, Fleetwood Mac, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Rolling Stones, and Stevie Wonder thinking?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2010, 12:28:53 am »

The only one of those albums that I don't think is too long is the white album. I have not heard that bob Dylan album or rolling stones album, though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2010, 02:09:43 am »

The only one of those albums that I don't think is too long is the white album. I have not heard that bob Dylan album or rolling stones album, though.

You haven't heard Exile on Main St.?  Drop everything.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2010, 02:17:04 am »

The only one of those albums that I don't think is too long is the white album. I have not heard that bob Dylan album or rolling stones album, though.

You haven't heard Blonde on Blonde?  Drop everything.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2010, 02:23:47 am »

You haven't heard Songs in the Key of Life? Drop everything.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2010, 02:28:39 am »

You haven't heard Songs in the Key of Life? Drop everything.

I think he has heard that one.  He thinks it's too long.  It's only the Dylan and the Stones he hasn't heard.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2010, 02:34:57 am »

if he thinks it's too long, he's never really listened to it is my point there
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2010, 02:38:39 am »

Ah!  You've got a point there.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2010, 04:09:53 am »

London Calling is too long?!?!

I despair for the easily bored ears of the younger generation
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2010, 05:42:25 am »

With mp3 playlists these days, you can do that yourself.  Construct your favourite album from the three albums worth of stuff on offer!  It's like a musical buffet.

I know, what were The Beatles ... thinking?

I know this amounts to sacrilege here, but I've done that with the White Album.

Blonde on Blonde is Bob Dylan's best album, and you could also make a case for Exile on Main St. for the Stones. And, well, Tusk, London Calling and Songs in the Key of Life.

Double albums? Triple albums?

Why do people do this. EDIT. TAKE OUT THE SONGS THAT ARE BAD. COME ON, THIS ISN'T HARD.

I bet it's probably hard. Are you referring to Joanna Newsom's most recent album? Is it worth checking out?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 190   Go Up