Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380005 times)

0 Members and 52 Guests are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2010, 03:59:05 am »

Also check out Bryter Layter and Pink Moon re: Nick Drake.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2010, 08:12:56 am »

Oh man, that dudes guitar is so awesome.

Yeah, play those crazy chords Nick Drake.  Those chords are so good.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2010, 10:37:29 pm »

ok, you could definitely accuse me of liking anything that sounds like this, but HOLY CRAP and this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #123 on: March 26, 2010, 01:49:08 am »

I saw a movie last night which contained this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D6HsaQ4EJM

So good.

And nice, Besnard Lakes. That's the first song I've heard from the new album, sounds good.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2010, 01:52:34 am »

The Peter Gabriel covers album is pretty rad. Not all the way through but mostly.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #125 on: March 29, 2010, 03:38:30 am »

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2010, 04:06:01 am »

8 CD's full of the best of Bob and Ray.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2010, 04:27:55 am »

Live Black Sabbath from 1970. Excellent.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2010, 05:58:24 am »

Live Black Sabbath from 1970. Excellent.

If you'd have slipped that in with your mixtape I would not have minded at all.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2010, 10:30:41 pm »

Pandora's classical music (focusing on Handel's work).  I feel like Pat now.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2010, 10:36:22 pm »

Q.) What's Mary Magdaline's favourite piece of classical music?

A.) Handel's Messiah.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2010, 11:12:34 pm »

first thought: the new Dr Dog album is kind of disappointing.

Am I becoming the guy who reviews new albums by great bands, and always says "their old one was better?"
...maybe. Maybe because I find it hard to appreciate when bands "mature" if this means, now we are going to play lots of slow songs instead of fast, fun songs.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2010, 12:32:20 am »

Am I becoming the guy who reviews new albums by great bands, and always says "their old one was better?"

This is almost always the case, but not always.

...maybe. Maybe because I find it hard to appreciate when bands "mature" if this means, now we are going to play lots of slow songs instead of fast, fun songs.

Beats me why bands think they need to mature.  Sure as hell ain't my scene.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2010, 01:47:59 am »

I just downloaded an album by Oingo Boingo, but what I am actually listening to is "Walk of Life" by Dire Straits.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2010, 03:34:48 pm »

Freezepop.

Nice.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 190   Go Up