Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 381109 times)

0 Members and 60 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #150 on: April 13, 2010, 05:47:16 am »

This is a terrible, terrible, Insane Clown Posse video. But what they say about science, and pelicans, is so bizarre that I can't stop watching it.)
Somehow I was under the impression that there were more of them.  Perha
ps because a posse of two doesn't seem ver formidable.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #151 on: April 13, 2010, 03:21:40 pm »

I am listening to MIXDISC!

Also...

Easily the greatest track of the two was Fatal Apple's "Rode Hard and Put Up Wet".  Apparently some folks like it that way.

And we were being so earnest too.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2010, 02:07:19 am »

Nci kadRake.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2010, 05:54:31 am »

oh judy i just ordered my decoder ring but it isn't here yet i can't wait!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2010, 07:55:03 am »

Nick Drake, or perhaps Naked Rick?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2010, 08:27:19 pm »

Anyone in the midwest (or further, I guess, if you're willing to drive...) interested in a free 3-day pass to the Pitchfork Music Festival? We're getting 12 to give away at the radio station, and I talked to the people who gave them away last year and they basically said "only one guy called in, so he got it." Last year they only gave us 6. If you're interested, I can tell you guys which shows are giving tickets away, and you just listen and call in at the right moment.

the problem is that part of our agreement with them is that we can't give them away until after a certain date, and that date is after the point when everyone goes home for the summer. So we have very few listeners, and very few DJs.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2010, 08:45:36 pm »

Yes!  Can I get two, I mean if I call in and shit?  Or just have my friend I would go with call in too.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2010, 09:05:00 pm »

yeah, it seems like that is fine...

It was really weird that I was saying I wanted to go to this and couldn't afford it, and our general manager (who is also my summer roommate, and drummer in my summer band) said "oh, just win tickets."
"but, winning contests is hard?"
"Dude, seriously, if you try a few times you will win. Last summer we had trouble giving away 6 passes, and this year we have 12. Plus three staff passes."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #158 on: April 20, 2010, 04:38:29 am »

the point at 30 seconds into this song, when the weird dissonant guitar chord resolves, is the greatest.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #159 on: April 20, 2010, 05:09:39 am »

the point at 30 seconds into this song, when the weird dissonant guitar chord resolves, is the greatest.

hell yes it is, that's fantastic


edit: hahaha i just finished listening to that song, tuned you in online, and there you were playing it
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 05:13:23 am by Choop »
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2010, 05:52:49 am »

Oh man, you missed my overly-planned intro to the show. I'm DJ Callypygian Phrygian, so flat the 2nd, put four to the floor, and GET YOUR REAR IN GEAR.

I am always very proud of weird theme shows like this, because I get to be like "here are the only hip hop songs I know." So instead of worrying about trying to find weird things I haven't played before, I can play like, my number one favorite dance tracks ever.

thanks a lot to listening to my silly radio show. i enjoy doing it a lot.

now that I finally have an mp3 version of this incredible album my friend gave me on vinyl, here is a song I love.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 06:00:42 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2010, 07:18:13 am »

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2010, 04:18:38 am »

lately all I want to hear is Creedence.

it definitely jives with the thing where I love the South on an abstract level that has little to do with actual experience.

although I am really pumped for being home for a week of seeing family, my little brother's graduation from high school, real BBQ, sweet tea, chik-fil-a, etc.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 190   Go Up