Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 381107 times)

0 Members and 59 Guests are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2010, 04:29:15 am »

creedence is from san fran
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2010, 04:45:52 am »

I know.

Which is why they reflect my love of a South that is half imaginary.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 04:51:31 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2010, 05:12:14 am »

I am on a Built to Spill kick.

I don't think any more explaining of my state of mind needs to go down.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #168 on: April 29, 2010, 05:37:01 am »

whoa, I was just listening to some Built to Spill today. It had been a while. "Carry the Zero" is the one song I can play on guitar that makes it sound like I know what I'm doing.

which of their albums are your favorites? I can never decide. I really love this track from their new album... apparently about the point after the death of a close friend when he realized he could finally feel bored again. For all I know that is completely wrong, I only half-listen to lyrics most of the time. I love the guitar riff at 1:10.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2010, 06:20:46 am »

Built to Spill is my favorite band, and I'm always down for a discussion. So yeah, what have you been listening to LFM?

Carry the Zero is the only Built to Spill song I can play, period. It's also my favorite song. Although my favorite album alternates between Perfect From Now On and Ultimate Alternative Wavers.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #170 on: April 29, 2010, 06:56:46 am »

I actually only have three of their albums... they're growing on me.

Currently, I'm listening to "Perfect From Now On" a lot.

The idea of the title phrase and how it is contextualized inside the album, it is resonating like hell with me right now.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2010, 01:08:44 pm »

Just yesterday I was showing some friends a video of Built to Spill hawking a sugary cheese-based breakfast cereal.

I got their 2nd newest album and I don't think I liked a single song so I skipped their newest entirely. Distopian Dream Girl is probably my favorite track over all.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2010, 03:16:06 am »

Stray Cats
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2010, 03:25:53 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #174 on: May 05, 2010, 02:32:25 am »

now I'm scared no one will get the free pitchfork tickets.

anyway: this friday:

1. Listen to our show this Friday (May 7th) from 9am-11am CST on KWUR at 90.3 FM or KWUR.com!!
2. Listen for the song "North American Scum(m)" by LCD Soundsystem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieT_lf9wK28!)
3. Call us at 314-935-KWUR (5987)!
4. Be the seventh caller! (this is the hard part)
5. Win.
6. Give us your info!
7. Wait two months.
8. Go to Pitchfork Music Festival with two friends!
IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

It makes me worried that they are giving them away in groups of 3. I just want one! come on!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:23:54 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #175 on: May 05, 2010, 03:46:47 pm »

I'm not listening to it on purpose, but it's stuck in my head: Johnny Cash doing "My own personal Jesus." But before that it was Barenaked Ladies "If I had a million dollars," so I'm not complaining.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #177 on: May 08, 2010, 01:42:54 am »

a small victory-faith no more

this is stuck in my head.  so much so, that when i talk to myself, i sing the words to the melody of the song.  this has got to stop.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #178 on: May 08, 2010, 01:59:56 am »

the way this guy phrases his verses kind of bugs me, but the damn chorus where they just say "contact high" over and over is so intensely stuck in my head.

so far I have not won tickets to pitchfork. my girlfriend's best friend won 3, though, so maybe I can get in on that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #179 on: May 08, 2010, 02:08:14 am »

I am presently listening to Combat Rock by The Clash, and I have also been listening to this brilliant cover of Paper Planes by The Clientele, who I already thought were excellent, and whom I now love even more. Bonus points to you if you know the connection.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 190   Go Up