Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 381021 times)

0 Members and 51 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #330 on: July 07, 2010, 04:30:37 am »

I have this Muslims LP and like it quite a bit, but bought it mainly because the cover is shot with a .22. I've only heard the first track off of the Soft Pack album, and it pretty much kicks ass. Pretty sure I was introduced to them through the board.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #331 on: July 09, 2010, 07:43:23 am »

Holy Shit new Soft Pack has so much surf guitar.  Awesome!
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #332 on: July 10, 2010, 04:28:47 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #333 on: July 10, 2010, 09:16:40 pm »

I didn't want to like this Tobacco album, Maniac Meat, but I did!
Logged
ACHIEVE

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #334 on: July 13, 2010, 11:14:35 pm »

I slept on the new LCD Soundsystem for awhile, and it turns out to have like three awesome songs.

Also, Caribou - Swim.  Like an improved version of Royksopp.
Logged
ACHIEVE

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #335 on: July 14, 2010, 12:15:35 am »

Has anyone been watching any of the videos featured in the AV Club cover song series? I'm not crazy about Coheed and Cambria's cover of a favorite song by The Smiths, but it did make me want to listen to the album, which is on now.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #336 on: July 14, 2010, 01:12:19 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #337 on: July 14, 2010, 01:31:08 am »

Has anyone been watching any of the videos featured in the AV Club cover song series?

I was not aware of this. I like the Wye Oak cover of The Kinks. Go local band! A friend of mine works in the restaurant where she waits tables.

I've been in the mood for metal lately, and I just discovered Acid Bath. They win for creepiest cover art ever (painting by John Wayne Gacy).
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #338 on: July 14, 2010, 01:38:46 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #339 on: July 14, 2010, 01:55:02 am »

I have been to Wye Oak girl's restaurant.

is your friend a really cute girl? There is this really cute girl who works there. My friends got mad at how cute I thought she was.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #340 on: July 14, 2010, 02:14:35 am »

Ben Folds covering Elliott Smith is basically constructed for me to enjoy.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #341 on: July 14, 2010, 02:14:54 am »

I have been to Wye Oak girl's restaurant.

is your friend a really cute girl? There is this really cute girl who works there. My friends got mad at how cute I thought she was.

No, he's a really gruff bearded dude who works in the kitchen and hates it there.

They also have really bizarre cocktails that kind of seem like a joke the bartenders are playing on the patrons. Like bourbon with bacon grease and a large piece of bacon in it.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #342 on: July 14, 2010, 02:26:19 am »

Speaking of covers: Jenny Owen Youngs will cover any song I want. Choosing which one is really, really difficult.
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #343 on: July 14, 2010, 10:10:50 pm »

PSA for all you MD/DC/VA/PA folks: Whartscape is happening next weekend in Baltimore and the lineup is incredibly good.

Lightning Bolt
Wye Oak
Beach House
Future Islands
Double Dagger
The New Flesh
Ian MacKaye (doing a Q&A, not playing unfortunately)

...and like 100 other bands playing over 4 days. Gonna be awesome!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #344 on: July 14, 2010, 10:56:04 pm »

like ten million of my friends will be at that. I am jealous. i will be at Pitchfork this weekend, and then a bunch of them are road-tripping out to the coast to visit friends/go to Whartscape.

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 190   Go Up