Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380639 times)

0 Members and 70 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #360 on: July 15, 2010, 06:25:56 am »

Haha
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #361 on: July 15, 2010, 03:51:34 pm »

Dub step is fuck*ng shite.

Anyone here a Jens Lekman fan?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #362 on: July 16, 2010, 02:43:36 am »

Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #363 on: July 16, 2010, 02:49:12 am »

Never really given him a listen before now but hey, that's pretty nice.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #364 on: July 16, 2010, 02:58:05 am »

Glad you like it mate.

This is pretty, well, pretty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ncZvHMZ2qw
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #365 on: July 16, 2010, 03:03:07 am »

Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #366 on: July 16, 2010, 03:11:51 am »

Those reminded me of Johnathon Richman.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #367 on: July 17, 2010, 01:40:00 am »

Gorillaz Plastic Beach.

I was initially disappointed by the "pop-iness" of the tracks, but realized that its part of the theme.  The songs explore artifice and shallowness, and pop music is the vehicle.  Haven't decided whether it works for me though.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #368 on: July 17, 2010, 10:17:56 am »

Just threw Del Shannon's Greatest Hits on the iPod.  I've been listening to stuff from 2010 exclusively for like two weeks.  So now I'm about to flip the switch and spend some time in the 50's/40's for awhile.
Logged
ACHIEVE

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #369 on: July 17, 2010, 07:42:02 pm »

Cass McCombs -- I Went to the Hospital
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #370 on: July 17, 2010, 07:57:01 pm »

Just threw Del Shannon's Greatest Hits on the iPod.  I've been listening to stuff from 2010 exclusively for like two weeks.  So now I'm about to flip the switch and spend some time in the 50's/40's for awhile.

Del Shannon is from the 60s mainly.  Well his one huge hit is anyway.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #371 on: July 19, 2010, 12:09:05 am »

Del Shannon is from the 60s mainly.  Well his one huge hit is anyway.

Yeah.  Runaway '61.   Best song is Sister Isabelle.

Hell yes, The Searchers - Love Potion #9
Logged
ACHIEVE

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #372 on: July 19, 2010, 04:24:14 pm »

I saw Best Coast girl (Bethany Cosentino) smoking out of an apple.
Pitchfork was pretty awesome.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #373 on: July 19, 2010, 04:25:05 pm »

What a waste of an apple.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #374 on: July 19, 2010, 10:15:48 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 190   Go Up