Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 382395 times)

0 Members and 77 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #420 on: August 10, 2010, 03:58:29 pm »

That looks fun.  I have friends in Lawrence KS.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #422 on: August 11, 2010, 04:12:25 am »

Anything featuring Duane Denison is definitely worth a listen. Not to mention Mike Patton.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #423 on: August 11, 2010, 07:33:25 am »

right now I'm listening to: really intense ringing in my ears due to playing my guitar with the amp at almost full volume.

um, oops. too much treble.

this ringing in my ears is really loud.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #424 on: August 11, 2010, 03:41:51 pm »

Aw yeah, new Budos Band album.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #425 on: August 13, 2010, 10:05:08 pm »

HOLY fuck*ng CHRIST MADVILLIAN.

OH MY GOD MADVILLIAN.

...

MADVILLIAN.

I really don't get it. I do not listen to a lot of Hip Hop. But for some reason Hip Hop is the one genre where I have reactions of OH MY GOD, THIS IS BETTER THAN ANYTHING THAT HAS EVER BEEN. I HAVE NEVER HEARD ANYTHING EVEN REMOTELY LIKE THIS.

I guess probably because rock music doesn't have a lot of directions it hasn't gone. And Hip Hop makes me listen to lyrics.

It's also the only genre that really makes me THINK about things actually going on in the world. Can't explain how much Public Enemy and NWA blew my mind when I was 17.

yeah, I guess hip hop is also a situation where all I want is virtuosity heaped on virtuosity.

(also, 36 Chambers is a Lo-Fi album, discuss.)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 10:08:44 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #426 on: September 06, 2010, 11:47:56 pm »

HOLY fuck*ng CHRIST MADVILLIAN.

OH MY GOD MADVILLIAN.

...

MADVILLIAN.

I think my heart's explodin'!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #427 on: September 15, 2010, 01:58:25 am »

pavement (AMAZING, AND I WAS SO CLOSE TO THE STAGE)

So I saw Pavement Sunday before last, and it was fuck*ng awesome. Same place I saw them first time around (Paramount in Seattle, possibly my favorite venue ever, at least as far as theaters go). I was looking for a bootleg of the show on dimeadozen, and found one of the Pitchfork show, complete with DJ Troll's introduction. Sound is OK. I can't tell if it started out shitty and got better, or if it started out shitty and I got used to it. But if you have an account and you're into that kind of thing, it's worth checking out.

Also: Grinderman 2 fuck*ng rocks. If anyone liked the first one this one is definitely worth a shot.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #428 on: September 15, 2010, 02:00:07 am »

I met Stephen Malkmus once, after a Kids of Rock Pac NW show. He seemed nice.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #429 on: September 18, 2010, 06:15:09 am »

I can't stop listening to the best post Ronald Jones Flaming Lips song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMHtimeHX8k

So good.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #430 on: September 21, 2010, 01:56:34 am »

New Neil Young.

I don't know. I mean, I kinda like it. Little bit Into the Black, little bit Vocal Studies. I haven't been crazy about his lyrics for a while, but could be good. Right?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #431 on: September 22, 2010, 08:56:43 pm »

rot in hell-the nekromantix

bam bam-toots and the maytals
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #432 on: September 22, 2010, 11:32:31 pm »

I spent a lot of time wondering whether I'd be able to get the weekend off to go to garage fest, AND THEN FORGOT TO PUCK UP MY FREE PASS BEFORE THE DEADLINE.

Kill me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #433 on: September 23, 2010, 06:28:35 pm »

Scott Walker has recently been recommended to me. I'm just a touch nervous about him.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #434 on: September 23, 2010, 08:17:47 pm »

I just know that I love that song that was in Life Aquatic.

My GF's roommate, who I disagree with on almost everything about music, says he is great.

Or, no. We disagree in a way where we like a lot of the same stuff, but when she talks about why she likes or dislikes certain things, it makes me want to scream.
Recently: we saw Wavves, and she said Wavves was great. I said they were not that great, but, sure. Then we talked about the opening band. We agreed that they sucked.
But then she complained for several minutes about the guy's guitar tone. How his amp was made for clean, trebley tones and he had too much bass in the mix. How he wasn't using the right kind of effects. etc.
Whereas my problem was "they are really boring to listen to."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 190   Go Up