Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380630 times)

0 Members and 70 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #570 on: October 08, 2010, 04:10:52 pm »

Wow, that's going from good to stupid right there.

Seriously. I would get it if they were like "we just found out Cactus Patch was already taken, sorry everybody." But no. They just decided that rather than have a good name they'd rather be named after a line in a Bjork song. This was like 8 years ago. I should not still care this much.
Logged

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #571 on: October 08, 2010, 06:08:12 pm »

jefferson starship!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #572 on: October 08, 2010, 06:36:36 pm »

jefferson starship!

Jefferson Airplane and Jefferson Starship were two separate bands.  Albeit with some of the same members.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #573 on: October 08, 2010, 08:16:14 pm »

....As I learned from delving into it after posting that.

All I know is I had a lot of confusion as a kid in the '80's trying to square "We Built This City" with the stuff my parents would listen to in the back room on Saturdays.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #574 on: October 08, 2010, 08:34:28 pm »

All I know is I had a lot of confusion as a kid in the '80's trying to square "We Built This City" with the stuff my parents would listen to in the back room on Saturdays.

Oh no, that was Starship.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #575 on: October 09, 2010, 01:45:01 am »

I fuck*ng love Today by Jefferson Airplane.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #576 on: October 09, 2010, 02:01:10 am »

oh man, I have Surrealistic Pillow on vinyl, and it is one of my prize records. I don't even know if it's worth anything, or however people evaluate records, but I have such a distinct memory of how excited I was to find it.

Also, my girlfriend and roommate made fun of me on-air during my radio show for owning/playing that record, and I completely freaked out and kicked them out of the studio. oops. and then I accidentally played the wrong song, and they continued making fun of me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #577 on: October 09, 2010, 10:55:15 am »

I fuck*ng love Today by Jefferson Airplane.

Yeah, me too.  It's a beautiful song. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #578 on: October 09, 2010, 05:49:06 pm »

My wife loves Surrealistic Pillow, but I can't abide it at all. I'm not sure why.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #579 on: October 09, 2010, 08:26:41 pm »

Yeah, I have that on vinyl- kinda an accident.  Never really dug it myself.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #580 on: October 09, 2010, 09:16:53 pm »

I'll tell you what, though - as far as AC/DC goes, Live Wire (which I am currently listening to) is a pretty good song.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #581 on: October 09, 2010, 11:44:11 pm »

To be honest, I don't think I've ever listened to Surrealistic Pillow. I just love that one song.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #582 on: October 10, 2010, 08:18:10 am »

To be honest, I don't think I've ever listened to Surrealistic Pillow. I just love that one song.

Me either.  My source of information is their two Greatest hits albums Worst of Jefferson Airplane album and 2400 Fulton Street which both contain that song.  I do however, have Volunteers.

All this has got me to thinking I need to listen to some Jefferson Airplane.  I think I may have at least one of those albums on cassette.  Can anyone help me find it?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #583 on: October 10, 2010, 09:59:53 pm »

Fastway! Nice!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #584 on: October 17, 2010, 02:05:02 am »

I heard this on Pandora today. I'd never heard it before and it's pretty dope. Lawson and 4 More. There are three mp3s to download on that page. Also this.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 190   Go Up