Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 381902 times)

0 Members and 69 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #600 on: October 31, 2010, 05:19:58 pm »

I have never heard/heard of Women, but, not to get all l...f...m... on you, but you know what is infinitely cooler than "making something sound like it was recorded on a boombox"?  Recording something on a fuck*ng boombox.

And not to get all anti-Sex Pistols or something, but we pretty much always record on a boombox and it kinda sucks. I gotta figure out something better.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #601 on: October 31, 2010, 05:27:56 pm »

And not to get all anti-Sex Pistols or something, but we pretty much always record on a boombox and it kinda sucks. I gotta figure out something better.

Dude, only faggots and old farts want music to actually sound good.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #602 on: October 31, 2010, 05:39:16 pm »

Dude, only faggots and old farts want music to actually sound good.

Guilty as charged. I guess you can decide for yourself which epithet to hang on me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #603 on: October 31, 2010, 06:25:15 pm »

well, the way they ended up making it sound like it was recorded on a boombox was putting it on tape and dubbing it a bunch of times.

Big talk from a dude who bought a reverb pedal instead of recording/playing in a giant cavern at all times.


Quote
Dude, only faggots and old farts want music to actually sound good.
This is 100% true.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 07:13:48 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #604 on: October 31, 2010, 06:35:25 pm »

Only hipsters and rubes want music to sound like shit.

Did I do that right? Also, I went looking for a synonym of rube and it gave me chawbacon. I've never seen that word and I instantly love it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #605 on: October 31, 2010, 11:52:24 pm »

Guilty as charged. I guess you can decide for yourself which epithet to hang on me.

Well, I'm an old fart...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #606 on: November 01, 2010, 12:00:34 am »

i am neither hip, nor old.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #607 on: November 01, 2010, 01:10:48 am »

Saw Deerhunter Friday and Saturday and it was fuck*ng amazing. Especially Friday night. The new songs sound great.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #608 on: November 01, 2010, 04:11:00 am »

I'm seeing Built to Spill next time I'm home (again - maybe I'll get another stick) and Killing Joke in December.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #609 on: November 01, 2010, 05:30:55 am »

If only Built to Spill were playing Seattle a week after their scheduled date, I'd get to see them for the third time in three different cities this year (when I lived in Seattle and they were more popular and toured all the time, I'd often seen them several times in a year, but I feel I'm lucky enough to get to see them once a year now). I'll be in Seattle for Thanksgiving, and instead I'll be seeing Grinderman, which is pretty fuck*ng cool. I've seen Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds before and it fuck*ng ruled, and I like both Grinderman albums.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #610 on: November 01, 2010, 06:40:53 am »

Built to Spill played here last week and I was offered free tickets, but I was too wiped out and stayed home.  :(
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #611 on: November 01, 2010, 12:42:31 pm »

didn't one of you guys tell me to listen to Ultimate Alternative Wavers?

That album is good. I had been told that it sucked, and I am a sucker for... believing people?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #612 on: November 01, 2010, 01:27:37 pm »

I don't know if I did, but it is possibly my favorite album ever, so I'm glad you like it.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #613 on: November 01, 2010, 06:06:33 pm »

didn't one of you guys tell me to listen to Ultimate Alternative Wavers?

That album is good. I had been told that it sucked, and I am a sucker for... believing people?

Yeah, someone did. I just read that thread, but who am I, CJ?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #614 on: November 01, 2010, 06:06:57 pm »

Well, I'm an old fart...

Whatever, Chawbacon.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 190   Go Up