Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380207 times)

0 Members and 59 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #660 on: November 24, 2010, 12:22:50 am »

My parents love Fleetwood Mac, and I have always hated them. It has always been a Thing that I hate them.

now that I have giraffeed around on youtube (and heard certain songs of theirs 10000000000 times at work), I have realized they are a band with good songs and bad songs. It's just that some of the bad songs are the ones that people like. (I can't imagine a world in which I grow to love Landslide. Even as a kid the imagery really bothered me. What? there is a landslide? what is going on?)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #661 on: November 28, 2010, 07:00:00 pm »

I'm going to try out this "Spoon" that everyone has been talking about (I think I've only heard one song by them). I bought Johnny Thunders "So Alone" (Philo on bass) and I got a $1 credit, and "Transference" is available for $1.99, so I figured what the heck.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #662 on: November 29, 2010, 04:57:28 pm »

Spoon is good stuff.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #663 on: November 29, 2010, 06:04:13 pm »

So is Johnny Thunders.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #664 on: November 29, 2010, 07:30:44 pm »

the log song

feathers(live)-coheed and cambria
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 09:46:02 pm by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #665 on: November 29, 2010, 11:03:02 pm »

Reading The Rest is Noise, I am listening to John Adams, Charles Ives, John Cage, Steve Reich, Stockhausen, Schoenberg...
Not always my favorite stuff to listen to, but it makes me notice new things.

The book is awesome.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #666 on: November 29, 2010, 11:39:24 pm »

feathers(live)-coheed and cambria

Night Ranger Lives.

Oh wait, there's more.  On that second song, I can't quite place who they aping, Rainbow, Dio?

Hey, I remember the 80s.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #667 on: November 30, 2010, 02:07:28 am »

were all aping someone.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #668 on: November 30, 2010, 04:01:26 am »

Night Ranger Lives.

Oh wait, there's more.  On that second song, I can't quite place who they aping, Rainbow, Dio?

Hey, I remember the 80s.

I wish Iommi and Blackmore had started a supergroup, but I hear Ritchie is pretty much an insufferable asshole. They worked with a lot of the same people, though - seems like they would maybe hit it off.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #669 on: November 30, 2010, 04:03:06 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #670 on: November 30, 2010, 04:06:55 am »

I'm currently listening to my cube-mate's Eminem. It's worlds better than listening to the guy down the hall whistling. Jesus don't fuck*ng whistle. Nobody wants to hear it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #671 on: November 30, 2010, 04:09:49 am »

I'm currently listening to my cube-mate's Eminem. It's worlds better than listening to the guy down the hall whistling. Jesus don't fuck*ng whistle. Nobody wants to hear it.

Whistling is awesome...

But yeah, nobody wants to hear that shit.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #672 on: November 30, 2010, 03:50:19 pm »

Well, yeah. I can whistle like a motherfucker, but I never do unless I'm alone. Because NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR IT.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #673 on: November 30, 2010, 07:49:15 pm »

I too am an accomplished whistler.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #674 on: December 05, 2010, 08:44:10 am »

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 190   Go Up